What Is This “District Of Columbia” You Speak Of?

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
may I see your Passport ?

perhaps he thought DC Stood for Dry Cell :thumbsup:

In a far off land called the District of Columbia, there lives an entire population of people who are considered Americans and as such, have the proper identification noting that fact. But one Transportation Security Administration agent in Atlanta may need a brush-up on the makeup of these United States, after reportedly not realizing that a reporter’s Washington D.C. license is a valid form of ID.

Atlanta TSA Agent To Reporter: What Is This ?District Of Columbia? You Speak Of? ? Consumerist

Last edited:

texasred777

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2013
Mountain Home, Idaho
Detector(s) used
BH Lone Star, BH Tracker IV, BH Tracker 2-D/707, Harbor Freight MD-3005, and 2 BH 840
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It's just like 'big business'. In most cases, the bigger the business, the more screw-ups that occur. Regardless of how well a company owner's 'right hand man' handles his job, somewhere down the line there are those who don't do so well.

I worked for myself for about 10 years and occasionally needed some help. I knew several people that I trusted to do the best they knew how to do when helping me. No, I didn't leave them 'unsupervised'. I would pick them up, we worked together until the job was finished, and then I took them home. The ones I used most was my nephew and my son-in-law. I didn't need help very often, thankfully.

But all through my life I've seen how large businesses have problems with employees. Either the employees are ignorant of some things, or they just don't give a darn.

Of course, I guess about the biggest business in this country is government. Therefore, more screw-ups than any other business! It's amazing how some of these people get a job with the government and even more amazing how they manage to keep the jobs!

VERDE

Bronze Member
Jun 6, 2013
Louisiana
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey jeff!! You must be kidding me!! Incredible!! Hope your well and not hobbling around anymore!! GOOD LUCK and GOOD HUNTING!! VERDE!!

S

stefen

Was traveling with a AF Bird Col. (full dress uniform) flying out of a California mid-state podunk airport.

The bells went off as he passed thru the security gate, and a heavy-set DMV reject Security Checker passed a wand over him...and the bells continued.

I knew he had a hip replacement and security was always a problem.

I told the heavy-set DMV reject Security Checker that he had brass balls...her eyes glazed over...and she called security HQ and demanded a strip search...

About then someone with actual brains came up and took the Checker aside and gave her what-for...

Minutes later we were on our way to the ramp...

I guess as long as a security candidate is breathing and can walk, and is a legal minority, they are hired...brains are not an option...

manorman

Dec 8, 2008
In the run up to the Los Angeles Olympic games when people from New Mexico tried to buy tickets that were part of the allocation that was for US citizens only they were told they could not because they were nor from the USA.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions