Wow $10.7 million is waiting for me! Does anyone fall for this crap?

OP
OP
Ocean7

Ocean7

Bronze Member
Apr 15, 2004
SE, PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Minelab Explorer II
Garrett MASTER HUNTER 7
Garrett ADS DEEPSEEKER
Compass X100
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
In a perfect world, a different password for each email account (I know, not an easy thing for me either ... along with the other 30 or so passwords I need to remember!) and every online account.

get Password Safe (free) blowfish encryption - just remember one password to get into safe. They just copy/paste Userid and passwords into Online screens. Great tool! :)
Password Safe - Free download and software reviews - CNET Download.com

Oregon Viking

Gold Member
Jan 6, 2014
Brookings-Harbor Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's prizm IV
Keene A52 with Gold Hog mats
Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OOOOHHHHH baby! I just got this e-mail, Not 10 million but it looks like I get my 2.5 mil on A corporate ATM card!! How convenient!
Dear Beneficiary,

Having reviewed all the obstacles and problems surrounding the transfer of your (USD2.5 million and your inability to meet up with some charges levied against you due to the past transfer options, We the Board of Directors, United Bank Of Africa (UBA) has ordered our Foreign Payment Remittance Unit to issue you a CORPORATE ATM CARD we have also registered it with DHL to delivery to you.

Contact Dhl Director, Mr.Harrison Wilson,
E-mail:([email protected])
Tel:+229 987 427 88

With your Full name Delivery Address Your Country and Phone Number note that A Tax/Stamp Duty MUST be procured according to the New Customs Creed and the essence to ensure a hitch-free delivery

Mr Mark Jones

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
a friend of mine came by with a letter --from aussie powerball scam --that a 180 million ...was to be his ... only a $10 fee needed to be sent to "claim it"... I asked every been to aussie land --uh NO ...ever buy a AUSSIE POWERBALL TICKET -- uh NO... then how in gods name could you have WON A DAMN THING? --it even had a "pre paid" air mail envelope -- I folded the 'notice" in two and sealed it and dropped it in the mail --just to piss them off when it arrives "postage due --with no money in it..

Last edited:

Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
NO! You shred as much paper as the envelope will hold (weight makes a difference) and send it back.

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A better technique I've been using for years is to wrap a red brick in grocery bag paper and tape the postage paid envelope to it. Drop it in the mail chute at the post office. Worse case it takes three of these for the pre approved credit card guys to figure out you're not interested when they have to pay almost $20 in postage for an 89 cent brick!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread