9th Street Bridge ... a simpler, cleaner time

texasred777

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2013
Mountain Home, Idaho
Detector(s) used
BH Lone Star, BH Tracker IV, BH Tracker 2-D/707, Harbor Freight MD-3005, and 2 BH 840
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Did anybody 'hunt monsters' when you were kids? I got home from school in the afternoon about 45 minutes before my parents got home from work. A friend that lived a few doors up the street and I would go 'monster hunting' at times. My dad got wise to what was happening. Well, Mike and I got to my house one afternoon, went into the kitchen, searched for 'weapons' for hunting monsters, then went down to the barn. I don't remember what we had for weapons, but we were 'prepared'. We slowly went around the barn, watching for any movement that might indicate a monster. While we were on the far side of the barn, out of sight of the house, we didn't see Dad walking toward the barn. There was a pile of 'scrap' lumber on one side of the barn. When we were passing the pile of lumber, we were looking ahead and not behind us. Dad slipped up behind us, took a piece of lumber about 4 feet long, and slapped it flat-ways against the corrugated tin on the side of the barn. I almost jumped out of my shoes. Mike took off like he was shot out of a canon. As I took off running, I looked behind me and saw Dad laughing. I settled down and we watched Mike run all the way to his house and enter the front door. He never looked back! I don't remember 'hunting monsters' after that.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions