How to make a taser..... This guy is funny!!!

Gold Maven

Bronze Member
Jul 4, 2012
Holmes County Ohio
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Reminds of when I worked at a gas station when I was young.

We would charge a condenser from a distributor by sticking the wire end into a spark plug wire, and grounding the body against the exhaust manifold.

Crank the motor over for a couple seconds, then carefully lay the condenser where your victim will pick it up. If you touch the metal body, and the wire at the same time, you will get quite a shock.

We used to have a lot of guys hanging out, an endless supply of victims.

texasred777

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2013
Mountain Home, Idaho
Detector(s) used
BH Lone Star, BH Tracker IV, BH Tracker 2-D/707, Harbor Freight MD-3005, and 2 BH 840
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
A friend was working at a service station. He had bought an old Plymouth coupe and wanted to clean the motor. Another friend and I stopped by the station just before closing time.
Dale asked us to stay a few minutes after closing to see if the car would start after he high-pressure washed the motor.
After the wash job, no, he couldn't get the motor started. He removed the distributor cap, dried it with a shop towel, and replaced it. He had Johnny try to start the motor. Still wouldn't start. So Dale was checking the wires to make sure they were dry.
While he had the coil wire in his hand, Johnny turned on the key. There was an actual dent in the hood where Dale's head hit it when he was shocked by the coil wire!

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
We used to mess around in our Air Force shop with an old crank type field phone. We hook one lead to a metal folding chair and put the other in a little pool of water where anyone sitting in the chair would place their feet, then wait for someone to sit. Those old phones would light you up, lol!

texasred777

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2013
Mountain Home, Idaho
Detector(s) used
BH Lone Star, BH Tracker IV, BH Tracker 2-D/707, Harbor Freight MD-3005, and 2 BH 840
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Old Dude, I've heard hundreds of times that the crank phones were great for fishing! 'Course dynamite works quite well also!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread