3 Holy men and a bear

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
A priest, a Pentecostal preacher, and a rabbi all served as Chaplains at a​ local university. They would get together two or three times a week for​ ​coffee and to talk shop.

One day, someone made the comment that preaching to people isn't really​ all that hard. A real challenge would be to preach to a bear.

One thing led to another, and they decided to do an experiment. They would​ ​go out into the woods, find a bear, preach to it, and attempt to convert​ ​it.

Seven days later, they all came together to discuss the experience.

Father Flannery, who had his arm in a sling, was on crutches, and had​ ​various bandages on his body and limbs, went first.

"Well," he said, "I went into the woods to find me a bear, and when I found​ ​him, I began to read to him from the Catechism. Well, that bear wanted​ ​nothing to do with me and began to slap me around. So, I, quickly, grabbed my​ ​holy water, sprinkled him and; Holy Mary Mother of God, he became as gentle​ ​as a lamb. The bishop is coming out next week to give him first communion and confirmation."

Reverend Billy Bob spoke next. He was in a wheelchair, had one arm and​ ​both legs in casts, and had an IV drip. He said "WELL, brothers, you KNOW​ ​that we don't sprinkle! I went out and I FOUND me a bear, and then I began​ ​to read to my bear from God's HOLY WORD, but that bear wanted nothing to do
with me. So, I took HOLD of him and we began to wrestle. We wrestled down​ ​one hill, UP another and DOWN another until we came to a creek. So, I,​ ​quickly, DUNKED him and BAPTIZED his hairy soul, and just like that, he​ ​became as gentle as a lamb. We spent the rest of the day praising Jesus."

The priest and the reverend both looked down at the rabbi, who was lying​ ​in a hospital bed. He was in a body cast and traction with IVs and monitors​ ​running in and out of him. He was in, really, bad shape. The Rabbi looked up​ ​and said, "Looking back on it, circumcision may not have been the best way​ ​to start."

bzbadger

Bronze Member
Jun 25, 2013
Lower Eastern Shore of Maryland
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter QD II, Garrett Ace 150 & 350, Fisher ID Excel, Fisher coinstrike, Fisher Cz6, Fisher Gemini II, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett GTI 1500,Teknetiks omega 8000, Nokta Fors Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok I'm telling my pastor this one

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread