Some thoughts on aging. All true of course.

FCCDFEd

Sep 29, 2007
Terra Bella, Ca.
Detector(s) used
DFX, IDXPro, MXT, Lobo St., At Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Some thoughts on aging. All true of course.

Random thoughts as we age:
The biggest lie I tell myself is ..."I don't need to write that down, I'll
remember it."
Last year I joined a support group for procrastinators. We haven't met yet!
I don't trip over things, I do random gravity checks!
I don't need anger management. I need people to stop pissing me off!
Old age is coming at a really bad time!
Lord grant me the strength to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can & the friends to post my bail when I finally snap!
I don't have gray hair. I have "wisdom highlights". I'm just very wise.
My people skills are just fine. It's my tolerance to idiots that needs work
If God wanted me to touch my toes, he would've put them on my knees.
The kids text me "plz" which is shorter than please. I text back "no" which is shorter than "yes" .
I'm going to retire and live off of my savings. Not sure what I'll do that second week.
Even duct tape can't fix stupid ... but it can muffle the sound!
Why do I have to press one for English when you're just gonna transfer me to someone I can't understand anyway?
Of course I talk to myself, sometimes I need expert advice.
Oops! Did I roll my eyes out loud?
At my age "Getting lucky" means walking into a room and remembering what I came in there for.
Chocolate comes from cocoa which is a tree ... that makes it a plant which means ... chocolate is Salad !!!
And, of course... Have I posted this to you already... or did you send this to me?

Goose-0

Dec 25, 2006
Central Minnnesota
Detector(s) used
White's DFX & VX3
And # 1 that I like? "Even duct tape can't fix stupid....but it can muffle the sound." I'd go through a roll a day taping people.

austin

Gold Member
Jul 9, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Darn, now you proved I'm old. At 66, I was flirting with the very young latina lady that lives below me. We were going to have coffee when I remembered something that you forgot to write down. Don't write a check too big for your azz to cash. Yep, I'm old...

texasred777

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2013
Mountain Home, Idaho
Detector(s) used
BH Lone Star, BH Tracker IV, BH Tracker 2-D/707, Harbor Freight MD-3005, and 2 BH 840
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey, FCCDFEd, those fit me to a 'T'. I'm 72. Lot of what you posted makes me feel 'my age'.
Austin, only 66? You're still a youngster! When I was 66 I was still able to do at least 75% of what I did when I was 40! But, COPD finally caught up with me.
To all of you 'oldsters': Do what you can when you can. Don't start feeling like you are at the point that you need to just stop, sit down (or lie down), and let it all go to heck. Stay in there and fight it as long as you can. That's what I do. I try to get on the treadmill and walk at least a mile every other day. Sometime I do it every day for several days. There are times when I really have to 'kick myself in the a**' to get it done, but it's well worth it.
Everybody, Happy New Year!

bzbadger

Bronze Member
Jun 25, 2013
Lower Eastern Shore of Maryland
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter QD II, Garrett Ace 150 & 350, Fisher ID Excel, Fisher coinstrike, Fisher Cz6, Fisher Gemini II, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett GTI 1500,Teknetiks omega 8000, Nokta Fors Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm 43 and already have most of this so either in ahead in the game or been dealt a crappy hand. Truthfully I have stage 4 Lyme disease and the doctor said for every stage add ten years to your life because that's the damage the disease does to it. Stage 4 so 40 on top of 43, I'm 83 so I think I'm doing well for 83

texasred777

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2013
Mountain Home, Idaho
Detector(s) used
BH Lone Star, BH Tracker IV, BH Tracker 2-D/707, Harbor Freight MD-3005, and 2 BH 840
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Bzbadger, that's tough. I quit smoking when I was 58 (40 years of smoking from 1 to 3+ packs a day). I started having trouble breathing when I was in the last part of my 66th year. I was told about 3 years ago to use oxygen 24/7. I only use it at night and sometime when I'm winded during the day for a few minutes. I'm not going to just sit down and die. I will take the meds that I need to help, use the oxygen when I really need it, but am not going to be a 'slave tied to an oxygen tank 24/7' until I have to do it. I've seen too many people retire, sit down, do nothing, and in few short years are dead. You have to fight it every minute of every day to stay alive after you retire.

bzbadger

Bronze Member
Jun 25, 2013
Lower Eastern Shore of Maryland
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter QD II, Garrett Ace 150 & 350, Fisher ID Excel, Fisher coinstrike, Fisher Cz6, Fisher Gemini II, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett GTI 1500,Teknetiks omega 8000, Nokta Fors Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Never quit, never surrender!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions