Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Attachments

• speeding.jpg
    speeding.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 125
S

stefen

As they say, invention is the result of neccisity...(so is spelling)

bzbadger

Bronze Member
Jun 25, 2013
Lower Eastern Shore of Maryland
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter QD II, Garrett Ace 150 & 350, Fisher ID Excel, Fisher coinstrike, Fisher Cz6, Fisher Gemini II, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett GTI 1500,Teknetiks omega 8000, Nokta Fors Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I love it..i hate those flipping things..got busted twice by the same one and it was near the hospital which we were hurrying to..u cant argue or explain to a camera

Trooper733

Apr 3, 2013
Eastern Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i,Whites DFX, Whites TRX, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Other
That is hilarious!! I agree those things are bad business. I was always taught to treat someone as you would want to be treated, and mechanical speed traps like this eliminate officer discretion in making a decision as to whether a summons is warranted or whether a warning will accomplish the same result. After all, the reason for speed enforcement is for public safety, right? Sometimes people have a legitimate explanation, and hitting them with a ticket and a resulting fine only causes resentment where a warning could have accomplished the goal, and left the person with self motivation to drive safer, where the other result on certain people only leaves a bad taste in their mouth for law enforcement and resulting loss of respect. If the person is that type who flaunts the law, only thinking about themselves and drives with impunity and without regard for other people around them, then sometimes a ticket is the only thing that might get them motivated to pay attention. Again, these ticket machines are mainly for revenue generation, not public safety. We had to look at it like, we have to live in the community too! A little compassion works both ways!!

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Didn't know they had those out yet. Don't see them around here. Only the red light cameras and they are highly controversial. There ought to be a law against any type of electronic device that hands out tickets.

bzbadger

Bronze Member
Jun 25, 2013
Lower Eastern Shore of Maryland
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter QD II, Garrett Ace 150 & 350, Fisher ID Excel, Fisher coinstrike, Fisher Cz6, Fisher Gemini II, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett GTI 1500,Teknetiks omega 8000, Nokta Fors Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We have them two ways here in Maryland. Its either a tan box that looks like an electrical box(clever) or they park a car on the side of the road like its broke down with the camera traps in them. We just had one put up 2 nights ago in my sleepy little town in the school parking lot.
As far as the electric box ones, the kind that got me twice while on way to hospital, the hole that's open for the camera is perfect for a tennis ball or better yet and easier a plastic shopping bag.
I think these things are nothing more than money makers for the local government and they need to be removed or we as citizens need to hinder their effectiveness somehow. And this coming from someone who wore a badge.

Trooper733

Apr 3, 2013
Eastern Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i,Whites DFX, Whites TRX, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Other
bzbadger, me to, for 25 years (someone who wore a badge). Our turnpikes here in Oklahoma have them too, if you fail to pay, the registered owner of the vehicle gets a ticket for running the turnpike gate. I agree, these are revenue generators only. Taking the human out of equation is a further move to "big brother is watching us"

Goose-0

Dec 25, 2006
Central Minnnesota
Detector(s) used
White's DFX & VX3
Many snows ago, I read a story about a guy receiving a ticket for running a 'Red Light' WITH a photo of his car with his license plate number. The guy thought it over and then sent the traffic agency a photo of $50.....(2) $20s and a $10. A week later, he received a photo of handcuffs from the traffic agency. He paid his fine.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions