Im stupid and dont get it...

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
one has twigs one has logs, the one with logs is buff like ya know the guy at the gym who is flexing his "guns" its stupid

picard.jpg

OP
OP
G.I.B.

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
I (heart) New York

Screen Shot 2015-02-24 at 7.14.51 PM.png

FreeBirdTim

Silver Member
Sep 24, 2013
Scituate, RI
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How would you feel if I came here and gloated the next time a Category 5 hurricane hit the coast of Florida. What's your problem?

Phantasman

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2006
NE Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex, Land Ranger Pro, Quick Draw Pro, Deteknix XPointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
In six weeks, I'll be digging coins and relics from the 1700's. In six weeks, you boys will still be digging 1950's wheaties and doing a happy dance. "Wow, a coin from the 1950's, that's old!"LOL!

Depends. Ponce De Leon was in Florida 100 years before Pilgrims hit Plymouth Rock (1620). South US and Caribbean was direct direct trade route with Spain, Portugal and more gold than NE ever seen. Aztecs, Incas had more gold than all northern Indian tribes combined. We have the pirate booty as well since they sailed tropic waters. So go ahead. Let's talk old.

Last edited:

FreeBirdTim

Silver Member
Sep 24, 2013
Scituate, RI
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Shipwrecks on the bottom of the ocean are out of the reach of your average detectorist. There are hundreds of shipwrecks off the New England coast, but getting to them and recovering the relics is WAY too cost prohibitive for the average person.

UnderMiner

Silver Member
Jul 27, 2014
New York City
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How would you feel if I came here and gloated the next time a Category 5 hurricane hit the coast of Florida. What's your problem?

Category 5 hurricane hitting Florida?! Get the detectors!!
*Goes to Florida after the hurricane - finds the entire perfectly preserved 1715 treasure galleon Maria Galante washed ashore - bullion and gold coins spilling out the sides*

Phantasman

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2006
NE Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Shipwrecks on the bottom of the ocean are out of the reach of your average detectorist. There are hundreds of shipwrecks off the New England coast, but getting to them and recovering the relics is WAY too cost prohibitive for the average person.
Who said shipwrecks? Florida was settled by Europeans before NE had it's first English settlement. St Augustine is the oldest city in the US. (1516). History dictates many treasures washed up and found on Florida coastlines, which has the longest coastline in the 48 contiguous US states. Florida is a treasure trove of historic and archaeological finds. They have even found families dating back 7,000 years. http://www.metaldetectingworld.com/07_photogallery/singles/conductive_order.jpg

There are plenty of treasures in Florida beyond "1950s wheaties". And if you don't believe "I" can find coins from the 1700s, Google the "State of Franklin" that was almost recognized as a US state in 1784. I live in the city that was the capital of Franklin. Davy Crockett was born 10 miles from me in 1786 in the state of Franklin. Yep, there's plenty of history and just as many old coins here.

Phantasman

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2006
NE Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
*Goes to Florida after the hurricane - finds the entire perfectly preserved 1715 treasure galleon Maria Galante washed ashore - bullion and gold coins spilling out the sides*

lol........been through about 8 hurricanes down there. Last 4 were beer parties. If you do go right after a 'cane, take a large stick to bat all the crabs out of the way. They seek high ground during the event, and are out everywhere after it.

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Spain would just try to claim it.
Which would really be funny...
For the way it is on the beaches over there...
It would be picked clean within an hour. heh

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Depends. Ponce De Leon was in Florida 100 years before Pilgrims hit Plymouth Rock (1620). South US and Caribbean was direct direct trade route with Spain, Portugal and more gold than NE ever seen. Aztecs, Incas had more gold than all northern Indian tribes combined. We have the pirate booty as well since they sailed tropic waters. So go ahead. Let's talk old.

Agreed... Florida was around and active with Europeans 100 years before anywhere else in America... Heh... ALL of North America.
Florida is "the real beginning of America".

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

FBT no insults allowed, you have issue with members post please report it, don't insult or attack the member... There is also nothing wrong with GIB's post either, it is a snow storm, I have been through many blizzards myself including driving 1500 miles in the middle of the blizzard of 1978.....

Last edited:

T.C.

Bronze Member
May 17, 2012
Kalamity Falls, Orygun
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Was the imprints of your fingers in the steering wheel and your blood shot eyes bugged outta your head??:icon_pale:
FBT no insults allowed, you have issue with members post please report it, don't insult or attack the member... There is also nothing wrong with GIB's post either, it is a snow storm, I have been through many blizzards myself including driving 1500 miles in the middle of the blizzard of 1978.....

Phantasman

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2006
NE Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
There is also nothing wrong with GIB's post either, it is a snow storm,
Is it snow? I thought it was sand, like a take on the Planet of the Apes when they see the Statue of Liberty sticking out of the sand beach.

statue_of_liberty_planet_apes.jpg

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
FBT,

Just so you know GIB is a good guy.....his sense of humor is a bit off the wall at times....but then again most of us detecting nuts are a bit shall we say different....lol...

Regards + HH

Bill

clv

Dec 23, 2012
santee, ca
Detector(s) used
Current Detectors; Minelab Safari, Equinox 600
TRX Pin Pointer, Fisher 1235x
Have owned; Minelab Eureka gold,
Tesoro Compadre, White's MX5, GMT, MXT Pro,
fisher cz7a pro, go fine 20, Garret Ma
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm from Florida, could someone please explain what this means?

View attachment 1264075

It means that for the "winter" your living in the right place, but come summer those hurricanes will kick you butt,??? or you could just live on the southwest coast of California and only need to worry about occasional earth quakes. :icon_scratch:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread