Im stupid and dont get it...

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It means that for the "winter" your living in the right place, but come summer those hurricanes will kick you butt,??? or you could just live on the southwest coast of California and only need to worry about occasional earth quakes. :icon_scratch:
Occasional ? Calif averages tens of thousands of earthquakes a year...[emoji12]

We have weeks to prepare for a hurricane and our last hurricane to hit land was in 2005.

Last edited:

T.C.

Bronze Member
May 17, 2012
Kalamity Falls, Orygun
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mostly just a bunch of ol' farts trying to get one up on each other....is sure as hell makes for interesting threads!!:thumbsup:
FBT,

Just so you know GIB is a good guy.....his sense of humor is a bit off the wall at times....but then again most of us detecting nuts are a bit shall we say different....lol...

Regards + HH

Bill

FreeBirdTim

Silver Member
Sep 24, 2013
Scituate, RI
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just so you know GIB is a good guy.....his sense of humor is a bit off the wall at times....but then again most of us detecting nuts are a bit shall we say different....lol...

I'm sure he's a good guy. I'm Irish and Scottish, so it doesn't take much to set me off. Add a few beers to the mix and watch out! I'm a lot like William Wallace in "Braveheart". LOL!

clv

Dec 23, 2012
santee, ca
Detector(s) used
Current Detectors; Minelab Safari, Equinox 600
TRX Pin Pointer, Fisher 1235x
Have owned; Minelab Eureka gold,
Tesoro Compadre, White's MX5, GMT, MXT Pro,
fisher cz7a pro, go fine 20, Garret Ma
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Occasional ? Calif averages tens of thousands of earthquakes a year...[emoji12]

We have weeks to prepare for a hurricane and our last hurricane to hit land was in 2005.

Well I can see your fears about earthquakes, but that is put out by the conspiracy groups to keep people form moving to Ca. After all if the whole country moved to Ca it would break off and sink into the ocean!

But really in the last 60 years only 4 quakes really caused any significant damage. In those 60 years I only felt 3 of them and none of them caused any damage to my household or my neighbors.

What we really fear are the fire storms, now that is really scary! A wall of flames advancing down on you with no chance of escape.
I have been through 2 fire storms in my life. I hope I don't see any more.

More people are killed by lightning than earthquakes in CA, more are killed by cars than quakes in Ca, more are killed by guns than quakes in CA, really I could run this on and on. You really don't have that much to fear, but for being over charged!:occasion14:

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm sure he's a good guy. I'm Irish and Scottish, so it doesn't take much to set me off. Add a few beers to the mix and watch out! I'm a lot like William Wallace in "Braveheart". LOL!

Oh man, I want to go detecting with you! I'll provide the drinks. William Wallace with a detector would be worth the cost!

S

stefen

Say what you want about earthquakes...

Today I live within 10 miles of the terminus of the San Andreas Fault where it enters the Pacific Ocean and meets the confluence of three (3) continental plates about 30 miles offshore.

This is the location of hundreds of minor quakes occurring daily, most M3.0 or less...and most are insignificant and cannot be felt.

We have experienced several in the last few years around M4.5 to M5.0...and the shake can be felt...some are quick snaps other are rollers...all lasting 15 seconds plus/minus...

Our home, an 1890's Victorian has had no damage whatsoever in its lifetime. Had a whole house inspection 3 years ago (48 page report) and found no broken or cracked pipes, no structural damage, cracked garage slab, cracked foundations, or shifting

Offshore quakes of recent weeks are:
(Rio Dell is about 10 miles south of Ferndale)

I survived 2 tornado's, one in tornado alley and another (a microburst) in SoCal that took our roof, plus experienced several wild fires, but would prefer quakes over any other natural disaster threat.

Granted a person can have weeks to prepare for a hurricane, or hours to escape an oncoming wild fire, or minutes to run and duck an oncoming tornado, seek shelter from a hail storm, or experience an instant quake.

Oh, and we are located well above the tsunami limits...

Last edited:

DigIron2

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2014
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fisher f75/1270/1266x/Radio Shack Treasure tracker/
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It means the one on the right is ambidextrous and has way to much free time on his hands.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions