Furious George: monkey in Brazil drinks rum and chases bar patrons with knife

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
Furious George: monkey in Brazil drinks rum and chases bar patrons with knife | World news | The Guardian

Capuchin was eventually captured by fire department and released into wildlife reserve – only to be recaptured for harassing local children

After sampling some alcohol from patrons’ glasses, a monkey picked up a knife and chased customers around a bar in Paraiba, Brazil, it has emerged.

The capuchin monkey drank remnants of cachaça, a distilled spirit popular in Brazil, from glasses around the bar. The animal then chased the men in the pub with a foot-long knife but left the women “to drink in relative peace”, according to the Mirror.

“It was a bar staff oversight that ended with the monkey drinking some rum and taking the knife,” fire department Lt Col Saul Laurentino told aRede.

A video posted to YouTube on Wednesday allegedly shows the monkey stabbing sporadically at the roof of the establishment as people look on.

The monkey was then captured by the local fire department before being released into a nearby environmental reserve, according to the Huffington Post. But when the animal stirred up more trouble, scaring children and residents of the area, he was captured once more.

“We had to recapture him because he was causing problems and threatening children living near the reserve,” Laurentino said.

“We will forward it on Saturday to the Brazilian Institute of Environment and Renewable Natural Resources (IBAMA) in Sousa. There, they will evaluate whether the animal is able to return to the environment or if it will need to live in captivity.”

OP
OP
DeepseekerADS

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
All I can think of is the video of the chimp taking an AK from some guys and opening fire,,,
Remember that one? Hilarious

I gotta go look for that one! I remember it, I think ???

OP
OP
DeepseekerADS

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Here tis :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions