Smart mattress lets you know if your partner is cheating

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
Smart mattress lets you know if your partner is cheating

James Badcock, Madrid
15 April 2016 • 10:50am

A Spanish company has created a hi-tech mattress intended to tell the buyer whether their partner is being unfaithful in the conjugal bed when left alone at home.

The “Smarttress” looks like any other mattress, but the manufacturer says that its concealed sensors detect suspicious movements in the bed. If the pressure matches algorithms based on research carried out on sexual motions, the worried partner will receive a warning on his or her mobile phone.

“If your partner isn’t faithful, then at least your mattress will be,” is the slogan being used by the bed maker Durmet.

With surveys suggesting that Spaniards are among the most unfaithful lovers in the world, company spokesman José Antonio Muiño said the Smarttress had a public service to fulfill.

The latest figures from extramarital affairs website Ashley Madison put the number of subscribers in Spain at over a million, with men having an average of 2.4 secret affairs each year, compared with 1.3 for women.

“Seeing the latest research on infidelity in Spain and considering that 94 per cent of Spaniards’ preferred place for love-making was in their own home, we thought we could give peace of mind to men and women, not only at night, but also during the day when they have to go out to work,” he said.

According to one of the engineers who developed the so-called Lover Detection System, when the ultrasonic sensors inside the mattress detect rhythmic movements, the communication system sends information to a server.

“If it detects suspicious activity regarding time of use, frequency, intensity or speed, it sends a notification to the phone terminal with which it is linked," said Iván Miranda.

Durmet say the technology is so advanced that the jealous app user will be able to see in real time what parts of the bed are seeing the most activity, giving him or her a mental picture of exactly what their partner is up to.

“You can’t imagine the tests we have done to make sure the system works correctly,” laughed Mr Miranda, explaining that the mattress can distinguish between, say, a pet dog jumping onto the bed and the sensual movements of a furtive lover.

The cost of a basic double-bed size Smarttress is around ÂŁ1,200.

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
THAT is funny, but it's really sad that there is such need for this technology.

Oddjob

Silver Member
Aug 23, 2012
Detector(s) used
RD1000, GSSI Profiler EMP-400. GPZ 14 & 19
Primary Interest:
Other
My wife once thought she would play a joke on me. I had been away for about 3 weeks and she had her younger brother come over and lay down in the bed and they acted like they where sleeping, but he was all covered up so I would know it was another man just would not know it was him.

Well my plane was delayed leaving Norway and I did not make it home until like 0300 hours, I walked in they both fell asleep I guess waiting, I could see it was him of course, I pulled the cover back to see who it was and he never woke up.

I figured I was to tired to even want to ask so I headed for the sofa, my son had left me a note that said Mama and his uncle where playing a joke on me. So I thought I would play along and I left and went to a hotel, the next morning I called my friend who is an attorney and told him to send my wife some divorce papers and make it look real like she is being served.

That afternoon I was waiting to hear back from my friend to see how things went. LOL Then my boss called and I thought Oh crap she got him involved. He tells me that a UK escaped con who was serving time for Murder and Robbery had been seen in an area in the Netherlands and that Intel chased it down and feels strongly about it.

So I was on the next bird out of there to the Netherlands. That evening late I went to get eye on something and fell in a little canal, cell phone was done for then.

I was gone for 2 weeks and no contact back home. That entire prank did not even cross my mind the entire time. I get home and walk in like all is normal, my wife starts in right away that she had tried to explain to the attorney but he just tells her she can prove it in court. I sat down and just looked at her for a few seconds and then it clicked. I started laughing so hard and told her that our son left me a note so I would not shoot his uncle I think. Then I got called back out.

Yeah she still to this day does not at all find that as funny as I do. It was great because my friend figured I was just playing along more or got called back out and he kept it going too. My wife had one heck of a time explaining how all that went down to her mother that she called right away, her mother never cared for me and I think she was happy then. I still love to bring that up to her mother just to watch her get pissed. I may call that old bag in the morning just to say hi and remind her of that time, maybe best to do it when she is driving in heavy traffic.

S

stefen

Ain't payback wunnerful....:laughing7:

(No sooner had I made this post and I opened my email page which was dinging...I got an email entitled 'Mattress Options'):laughing9:

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread