Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Like Tree27Likes
  • 7 Post By Chadeaux
  • 3 Post By Tpmetal
  • 5 Post By Armor9
  • 2 Post By gold boy
  • 4 Post By Ammoman
  • 2 Post By Chadeaux
  • 1 Post By Chadeaux
  • 2 Post By worldtalker
  • 1 Post By RustyRelics

Thread: Common Core Math Problem (and answer)

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Tribal Member of United Houma Nation -

Sep 2011
    Southeast Arkansas
    Ace 250
    5724 times
    Cache Hunting

Common Core Math Problem (and answer)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	commonCoreExplained.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	49.2 KB 
ID:	1567671

Any questions? Ask someone else.
    gold boy, Armor9, BLK HOLE and 4 others like this.
    Speaking of the stars: " "To whom can you liken me to make me his equal?” says the Holy One.' “Lift up your eyes to heaven and see. who has created these things? It is the One who brings out their army by number; HE calls them all by name. Because of his vast dynamic energy and his awe-inspiring power, not one of them is missing." " --- Isaiah 40:25,26

A few of my favorite pix: https://www.500px.com/ccjr221

us
    Jan 2017
    Western ny
    equinox 800, Whites mx sport, Garrot carrot, bounty hunter time ranger
    4650 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    yeah i am so sick of that crap, my daughter comes home with the most ridiculous math. Nothings in context, its just a bunch of shortcuts with out any relation. So by the time the kids learns the next thing they forget what happened last week.
    Chadeaux, gold boy and Armor9 like this.

Nov 2017
    Lorain County, Ohio
    AT Max, Makro pinpointer
    186 times
    Metal Detecting
    I have a law degree and my wife is a nurse and my kid is only in kindergarten and my kid comes home with common core math homework; we look at each other and are like WTF! What happened to just learning that 3+4=7?

Charter Member
    us
    Classic car lover

Jul 2017
    East TX
    Teknectics eurotek pro bounty hunter time ranger bounty hunter quick draw 2 used a teroso compadre. Carry a 22 cal. six-shooter.
    16059 times
    baseball cards,hunting,bottle digging,coin roll hunting,shooting,Metal Detecting, swimming,
    Banner Finds (1)
    when i was in the 4th grade they had us do 9th grade math for home work thats when my parents started to home school me
    RustyRelics and Chadeaux like this.
    Hoping to join the Marines one day

'Give me liberty or death'. Patrick Henry

us
    Oct 2015
    NC
    Nokta Impact, Tesoro Compadre, Nokta Pin pointer.
    4195 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Here is something funny and sad at the same time. I went to a local temp job agency a couple weeks ago to see about doing some part time work on the side. This is a bad time of the year for the store so i figured i would bring in a little extra cash the old fashioned way. Anyhow, they gave me a test, yes A TEST with simple equations like 3 + 5 and 21 x 65 and so on. I was truly insulted! Anyhow...i asked the lady if she had any apples and oranges because without them the math problems did not make any sense.

She was not impressed.
    Dig till you drop!

us

Sep 2011
    Southeast Arkansas
    Ace 250
    5724 times
    Cache Hunting
    ... between the "common core" garbage and trying to never hurt the kids' feelings by saying they got the answer wrong, is there anyone who is really going to be surprised when things get to the point where one can honestly say this is the dumbest generation since the dark ages?
    gold boy and SD51 like this.
    Speaking of the stars: " "To whom can you liken me to make me his equal?” says the Holy One.' “Lift up your eyes to heaven and see. who has created these things? It is the One who brings out their army by number; HE calls them all by name. Because of his vast dynamic energy and his awe-inspiring power, not one of them is missing." " --- Isaiah 40:25,26

us
    Nov 2010
    NJ Pine Barrens
    T2 SE
    2192 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Chadeaux View Post
    ... between the "common core" garbage and trying to never hurt the kids' feelings by saying they got the answer wrong, is there anyone who is really going to be surprised when things get to the point where one can honestly say this is the dumbest generation since the dark ages?
    Really? Pretty rude dude.
    "Internet quotes are often inaccurate."
    -Abraham Lincoln

us

Sep 2011
    Southeast Arkansas
    Ace 250
    5724 times
    Cache Hunting
    Telling the truth is not nearly as rude as your butting in to drop an insult.

Look, if you want to follow someone around the forums and stalk them, FIND ANOTHER MARK!

us
    Nov 2010
    NJ Pine Barrens
    T2 SE
    2192 times
    Telling the truth is not nearly as rude as your butting in to drop an insult.

Look, if you want to follow someone around the forums and stalk them, FIND ANOTHER MARK!
    LOL, don't flatter yourself.
    "Internet quotes are often inaccurate."
    -Abraham Lincoln

us

Sep 2011
    Southeast Arkansas
    Ace 250
    5724 times
    Cache Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by jerseyben View Post
    LOL, don't flatter yourself.
    he he he . . .
    jerseyben likes this.

Charter Member
    us
    Chris

May 2011
    Western Mass.
    Whites M-6 W/ DD6x10 SunRay DX-1 (A real sleeper)
    18984 times
    The one everybody else missed.
    "Dumb them down"..that is the "Public School Motto".
    Chadeaux and gold boy like this.
    EVER WONDER WHERE YOUR THOUGHTS COME FROM?

​The Key...http://antidoteforall.com/

us
    Ethan

Apr 2019
    North Eastern Kentucky
    My dads Whites MXT
    540 times
    Metal Detecting
    You think that's hard...try 10th grade algebra.
    Chadeaux likes this.
    "The Army of Northern Virginia was never defeated. It merely wore itself out whipping the enemy." - Jubal Early

"We'll fight them, sir, till hell freezes over, and then, sir, we'll fight them on ice" - Unknown Confederate soldier

us

Sep 2011
    Southeast Arkansas
    Ace 250
    5724 times
    Cache Hunting
    For me 9th grade algebra was hard, but then again, my teacher was "English Challenged" and I'm a half bleed cajun who is "Italian challenged" so . . .

Learned it all the next year in Geometry class with an English speaking TEACHER. Yes, a teacher and not a baby sitter. Loved his class because I learned!

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links