Tpmetal

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2017
Western ny
Detector(s) used
equinox 800, Whites mx sport, Garrot carrot, bounty hunter time ranger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
yeah i am so sick of that crap, my daughter comes home with the most ridiculous math. Nothings in context, its just a bunch of shortcuts with out any relation. So by the time the kids learns the next thing they forget what happened last week.

Armor9

Nov 9, 2017
Lorain County, Ohio
Detector(s) used
AT Max, Makro pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have a law degree and my wife is a nurse and my kid is only in kindergarten and my kid comes home with common core math homework; we look at each other and are like WTF! What happened to just learning that 3+4=7?

GB1

Gold Member
Jul 12, 2017
East TX
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknectics eurotek pro
bounty hunter time ranger
bounty hunter quick draw 2
used a teroso compadre.
Primary Interest:
Other
when i was in the 4th grade they had us do 9th grade math for home work thats when my parents started to home school me :headbang:

Ammoman

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2015
NC
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Nokta Impact, Tesoro Compadre..
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here is something funny and sad at the same time. I went to a local temp job agency a couple weeks ago to see about doing some part time work on the side. This is a bad time of the year for the store so i figured i would bring in a little extra cash the old fashioned way. Anyhow, they gave me a test, yes A TEST with simple equations like 3 + 5 and 21 x 65 and so on. I was truly insulted! Anyhow...i asked the lady if she had any apples and oranges because without them the math problems did not make any sense.

She was not impressed.

OP
OP
Chadeaux

Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
... between the "common core" garbage and trying to never hurt the kids' feelings by saying they got the answer wrong, is there anyone who is really going to be surprised when things get to the point where one can honestly say this is the dumbest generation since the dark ages?

jerseyben

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2010
NJ Pine Barrens
Detector(s) used
T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
... between the "common core" garbage and trying to never hurt the kids' feelings by saying they got the answer wrong, is there anyone who is really going to be surprised when things get to the point where one can honestly say this is the dumbest generation since the dark ages?

Really? Pretty rude dude.

OP
OP
Chadeaux

Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Telling the truth is not nearly as rude as your butting in to drop an insult.

Look, if you want to follow someone around the forums and stalk them, FIND ANOTHER MARK!

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other

"Dumb them down"..that is the "Public School Motto".

OP
OP
Chadeaux

Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
For me 9th grade algebra was hard, but then again, my teacher was "English Challenged" and I'm a half bleed cajun who is "Italian challenged" so . . .

Learned it all the next year in Geometry class with an English speaking TEACHER. Yes, a teacher and not a baby sitter. Loved his class because I learned!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions