Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Like Tree11Likes
  • 4 Post By DeepseekerADS
  • 4 Post By Oddjob
  • 1 Post By A2coins
  • 2 Post By Wrightdigger

Thread: Florida man trying to steal roommate’s prescription pills tricked into taking laxativ

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    Charter Member
    us
    Mar 2013
    SW, VA - Bull Mountain
    CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
    17342 times
    Digging in the dirt & scooping in the water!

Florida man trying to steal roommate’s prescription pills tricked into taking laxativ

https://www.foxnews.com/us/florida-m...ves-police-say

By Katherine Lam | Fox News

A Florida man who thought he was taking his roommate's prescription pills got a rude awakening when he was caught red-handed taking what later turned out to be laxatives, police said.

Peter Emery, 56, was arrested last Thursday and booked on charges of petit theft and violation of probation on prior possession charges after he was caught on video taking the pills from his roommate, WFLA reported.

Jayme Ream told WFLA he had a feeling that Emery was stealing his prescription pills and decided to set up a camera in his room to catch the 56-year-old in the act.

"So, Monday night when I got the camera I also bought a bottle of ex-lax [a type of laxative pills] and I transferred the pain pills and moved the pain pills out and put the ex-lax in the other bottle," Ream told the news station. "And put it in there for him [Emery] to get."

Ream said Emery took the bait and was spotted on video taking what he thought was Ream’s prescription medication.

"He put a laxative in a bottle, knowing someone was going to steal it again, or truly believing that," Pinellas Park Police Lt. Adam Geissenberger said. "In this case, somebody did steal it and, fortunately, regardless of who it was who took it, it wasn't a dangerous substance that was going to harm that person."

Emery’s family said the 56-year-old has a history of using opioids and had recently completed a rehab program.
    Republic of Vietnam 10/69 - 3/71, Cambodia April 27, 1970 on a mountain top with HUGE scorpions

"'He jests at scars who never felt a wound'" c.s.lewis - 1940

The Ten Commandments: http://www.godstenlaws.com/ten-comma.../#.UdAz65yynZg

The Bill of Rights: http://billofrightsinstitute.org/fou...ill-of-rights/

The Constitution: http://www.archives.gov/exhibits/cha...ranscript.html

Aug 2012
    RD1000, GSSI Profiler EMP-400. GPZ 14 & 19
    8953 times
    thats one way to flush someone out.
    Quote Originally Posted by G.I.B. View Post
    I'm not an Idiot Whisperer. I can't help you any further with the math.

Charter Member
    us
    Tommy

Dec 2015
    Ann Arbor
    Equinox 800
    24675 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Honorable Mentions (2)
    I love it thats funny
    Wrightdigger likes this.
    Still Available ​Approved TreasureNet Stickers
    .:: $3.00 for 11" X 3" Bumper Sticker ::.
    .:: $2.25 for 1" x 4" Detector Sticker ::.
    (Free Shipping)

SEE: TreasureNet Bumper Stickers

Charter Member

Jun 2017
    31596 times
    I was reading through some of these threads and came across this one and just had to share. Back in the late 80's or early 90's, my husband came home with a tube of chocolate chip cookie dough and a package of exlax. He told me he wanted me to bake the cookies with the laxatives in them. I was like, "Why? Are you having issues?" He said they were for someone at the shop. I cut up a couple pieces to add to the cookie dough and he was like, "No, no. Put all of it in there!" I protested, " I can't do that! It could be really bad!" He informed me that they had a thief at the shop. They all were getting their lunches raided and pretty much knew who it was, but he denied it and the theivery persisted. It had been going on for quite a while. So, I reluctantly, baked the cookies as ordered. When setting the trap, my husband came to his senses and only planted a couple of cookies in the refrigerator. They were stolen. My husband made a statement, "Oh no! Who stole my special cookies?" The guys (most of whom knew what was going on) asked, "Special cookies? What special cookies? Why were they special?" To which my husband replied that he had issues and I baked them special for him. I guess the guy still didn't fess up, but when the special cookies started working, there was no denying who the theif was and he was immediately fired.
    Last edited by Wrightdigger; May 20, 2019 at 02:43 PM.
    gold boy and kingskid1611 like this.
    13 Greater love has no one than this:
    to lay down one’s life for one’s friends.

John 15:13

I admit my level of weirdness is above the national average, but I am comfortable with that.

Remove Ads

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links