You know you are addicted to metal detecting when...

West Jersey Detecting

Gold Member
Oct 23, 2006
Philadelphia Area
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend, Excalibur 1000/II (hybrid) , Teknetics T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
You've got your new machine, and within a few minutes you've found your fist zinc penny. You are ecstatic! Then you find a clad dime and quarter. You are amazed.
This goes on for some time, and then one day...BINGO! You dig your first silver "Rosie", You do the silver Rosie dance and post your pic on treasurenet.com. You've made the big time.

The next outing comes and you dig a coin...Rats! it's only a clad quarter. Where is the silver? After a while you dig a few more silver Rosies and maybe even a silver quarter or two. You are happy. Then one day you hit pay dirt. You dig 2 mercs, and a barber dime! You feel like a pro now. You dig another merc and an Indian Head Penny. You are on fire. You get a good signal and ...RATS! It is only a silver Rosie! Where are the mercs hiding now?

Next outing...nothing doing and then suddenly...BINGO! A Large Cent. A few minutes later and you have your first seated! Your next coin is only a crummy merc!

As you progress further in the illness, nothing is good enough. You need more of the older and deeper finds. You need a deeper seeking machine with more bells and whistles. You need to find a better producing site. You need to have more time so You can detect, uninterrupted for hours on end.

My name is Neil in West Jersey, and I am a metal detectingholic. I am a charter member of THAD (Treasure Hunters Addiction Disorder) Here is a photo of me after a few days without detecting:

Attachments

• addict.jpg
    addict.jpg
    18.6 KB · Views: 257

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Poor Neil, you're in sad shape...you're addicted bad. ;D ;D Know what you need? A visit from LaWanda Faye, she'll get you out of that addiction fast.

102904-funny-face.JPG

stevesno

Feb 27, 2006
Deep in the Ozark Mountains
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ3D, Whites TM 808, Sharptronics DSP-03
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
strike it rich said:
I feel for u. I'm addicted to posintg cr@p
I know what you mean. I am a supervisor here at work. Ever since I discovered this site my employees have had no supervision....Steve

Green1

Silver Member
Mar 20, 2006
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Mxt 6x10 coil Massachusetts
i can relate 100 % i've been hitting reales and a few king georges lately.. as sick as it may sound all i wanted today was any type of silver at all today.. i was actually yelling at the site ! come on ! come on ..
one stinkin silver !!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

OP
OP
West Jersey Detecting

West Jersey Detecting

Gold Member
Oct 23, 2006
Philadelphia Area
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend, Excalibur 1000/II (hybrid) , Teknetics T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
Green1 said:
i can relate 100 % i've been hitting reales and a few king georges lately.. as sick as it may sound all i wanted today was any type of silver at all today.. i was actually yelling at the site ! come on ! come on ..
one stinkin silver !!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

I find myself doing that too! I found 2 Indians and 2 real old wheaties today and all I keep saying is "where is the big copper"?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread