I Hollerd out THIRTEEN!!!!!

Needle

Dec 24, 2007
Roseburg, Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's-GMT
:P I haven't spent much time in bars and I don't drink that often, but one time I got thirsty and stopped in a small town bar.

It was about 8:00 PM and I was sippin on my sixth beer and this fellow at a table across the room hollers out four, there were about two dozen people in the bar and I swear they all busted a gut, after a while they all settled down and the room filled with the usual mummer of casual conversations and laughs.

Then I'll be darned if this other guy didn't holler out nine and the same thing happened, every one in the room busted a gut, then as before they all settled down and the usual noise was heard.

my beer was empty by then so I wave the bar tender over and ordered another and I asked her what was going on, that I didn't get it, ???

She leans over and tells me that everyone in here were old neighbors and friends and they have been coming here so long and heard those jokes so many times that when someone wants to tell a joke they just holler out a number and everyone knows what it is.

I thought that was pretty cool, I'd never heard of that before and I was feeling kinda frisky by now I thought I would give it a try... so I leaned back in my chair and hollerd out THIRTEEN!!!!! :D ;D ::)

I swear you could have heard a pin drop for at least a minute... finally the usual noise of conversation filled the room and I wave the Bar tender over and I asked her, what did I do and why didn't anyone laugh? :-[

She looked at me and said... 8)

It's just that some people can tell them and some people can't! :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread