Native American Remedies

S

stefen

Many remedies can be attributed to Native Americans...the use of plants for medicine, dyes, clothing, baskets and an assundry of other uses.

Animals, birds, fish and reptiles also provided a multitude of uses aside from housing food and clothing...

Riders, at times. used to place horse manure on their lips...a sort of chap stick...(Probably didn't do any good for chapped or split lips but sure as hell kept you from licking them...)

What can you add to this vast knowledge?

K

Kentucky Kache

stefen said:
Riders, at times. used to place horse manure on their lips...a sort of chap stick...(Probably didn't do any good for chapped or split lips but sure as hell kept you from licking them...)

Drives the cowgirls CRAZY! :love3:

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
??? Physiologically how does licking your lips make them more prone to chapping? They are drying out so licking them replaces some of the lost moisture. and slows down or stops the dehydration????

I have always heard this, but in my exploration trips, I licked them and they were the better for it - I believe heheh.

Gals, line up, I have a little enjoyable, for me, experiment in mind snicker.

Don Jose de La Mancha

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
P.S. fresh horse / cow manure would act as a mud pack which would keep / seal moisture in the lip tissues. Sooo, while not socially accepteable, could be effective, especially since it has excellent natural birth control factors.

Don Jose de La Mancha

Silver Fox

Dec 8, 2007
New York City, USA
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Land Star
Real de Tayopa said:
??? Physiologically how does licking your lips make them more prone to chapping? They are drying out so licking them replaces some of the lost moisture. and slows down or stops the dehydration????

I have always heard this, but in my exploration trips, I licked them and they were the better for it - I believe heheh.

Don Jose de La Mancha
Here's how, a hunch. When you lick your lips and wet them, the moisture dries out faster than non-wet lips. By wetting your lips and applying a film of moisture the drying accelerates and removes the moisture along with part of the natural skin moisture which then takes a while to be replaced so your lips feel like they're drier and you repeat the lip-licking procedure, ad infinitum. Natural moisture doesn't dry as rapidly as moisture with a layer of water which is absorped faster. Applying a chapstick, lightly, even in the summer when you're out exposed to nature keeps you from licking your lips unnecessarily.

Silver Fox

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
Real de Tayopa said:

Don Jose de La Mancha
Real de Tayopa said:
P.S. fresh horse / cow manure would act as a mud pack which would keep / seal moisture in the lip tissues. Sooo, while not socially accepteable, could be effective, especially since it has excellent natural birth control factors.

Don Jose de La Mancha

:sign10: You are just too much sweet man! Crackin me up!

OP
OP
S

stefen

stefen said:
Many remedies can be attributed to Native Americans...the use of plants for medicine, dyes, clothing, baskets and an assundry of other uses.

Animals, birds, fish and reptiles also provided a multitude of uses aside from housing food and clothing...

What can you add to this vast knowledge?

Thank you for your responses...

And, Oh, April Fools :tongue3: :D :D :tongue3:

Actually, this is bull-pucky, well its more like horse-pucky...its an old trail rider's joke often told to the novice...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions