Primary Interest:
Other

Old Dog

Gold Member
May 22, 2007
Western Colorado
Jeffro said:
aa battery said:
Hi Jeffro i experienced negative vibes last time i was in Idaho and Oregon. Natives up there complained about Californians moving up there and pushing up the price of homes. MY wifes brother that lives in Ontario Oregon calls Californians THOSE people. Can you explain why people up north have this attitude towards us Californians? P.S. If everything goes right we are moving up there in about 2 years :hello:

You did a good job explaining it yourself! A lot of Oregonians can't afford to buy their own homes because the prices are being pushed up by Californians. Have been for 20 years or more.

A half million dollar run down squat tenement in LA will get you a right swanky 6 bedroom house with acreage up here.

Also, unfortunately, Californians are bringing their laws and ideas with them. Anyone who has spent twenty years in LA has no clue about the environment, yet they seem to want to "save" the woods up here as if we have been mismanaging them for the last 150 years. It's kinda funny in a sad way.

Californians (in general, mind you) want their own slice of heaven, yet insist that its the other guy who is ruining it for everybody.

Hey, c'mon up. You can't possibly be as bad as the others if you swing a detector- LOL! :wink: See, there's a psoitive side! ;D

Jeff,

It's called being Californicated.

(gotcha both)

Old Dog

Gold Member
May 22, 2007
Western Colorado
TT,
We have the same thing Jeff speaks of happening here.

I'm not ragging on you my dear,
Just the jerks who don't like california and move away, then try to recreate what they left behind.

Thom

S

stefen

Damn, I'm glad I'm moving to Northern California...buckeye by birth...

Fortunately, TT will be several hours distant ;D ;D ;D

mrs.oroblanco

Silver Member
Jan 2, 2008
Black Hills of South Dakota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo & Garrett Stinger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ah, I love California - north and south.

Have property in the north (by Quincy - Plumas county) and down south (Kern County).

And, we have lived in both places.

Here is South Dakota and Wyoming, there was quite an influx of Californian's - land prices skyrocketed. (and of course, the locals called it being Californicated). They split up 10,000+ ranches and made developments, sold them off and left for the next ranch. The biggest problem being things like wanting special home-building permits, septic laws - stuff like that. We have no laws like that here, unless you are in a town or city. You don't even get a speeding ticket if you have your seatbelt on. (depending on how much over the limit you are going).
5 miles over - no fine if you have a seatbelt - 10-20 miles over $5.00 fine, (if you are wearing a seatbelt), remembering, of course, that most of the speed limit around here is 70. No insurance needed, if you post a bond. No car inspections. Build your own home, put in your own electric - just pay $10.00 for inspection when you are done - neat stuff.

Back east, in Pennsylvania, there was a great influx of Jerseyites - still is.

Both situations are similar - they want to get away from all the BS, and then come to the "new" state, and institute all the BS that they complained about.

In Southern Cal - it seemed like the locals were ok - but the influx people wanted to change it all. (and it got progressively worse, since we got our property in the 80's).

But the jerks have found Northern Cal, too - mostly from other states - strangely enough - MANY from the east. (maybe not so strangely).

The 70's were a great time in California - north and south, and my brother-in-law, born and bred in California in 1945, finally ran away to Hawsley Oregon (spelling) a couple of years ago.

He says he got tire of the environmentalists that came out of the woodwork, mostly. (kinda put a crimp in his occupation).

But, you gotta admit, California has gotten some strange laws enacted since the 70's.

But, if I had to pick my favorite state (next to Alaska), it would have to be California - We have managed to go there almost every year for over 30 years. South in the winter, North during the summer.

B

mrs.oroblanco

Silver Member
Jan 2, 2008
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
TT,

Nice little history lesson - California certainly has had its up & downs with history -

Which county do you call "home"? Did you always live there?

B

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jeffro i am sorry i brought up the California thing because it got out of hand. I didnt know that people felt that strongly about citizen refuges. :icon_scratch:

mrs.oroblanco

Silver Member
Jan 2, 2008
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just didn't understand your response.

I had said I had property in Plumas and Kern County - I haven't a clue what you are talking about. Just sounded a little paranoid, or something.

Still not sure what your issue is. Your obvious little ploy isn't going to work today. So sorry.

If its a matter of knowing exactly where you live - who cares - if I, or anyone else wanted to know that, its not that difficult. I was curious if you have always lived up north, or if you'd lived in other places of California.

Geesh - (to the music of "twilight zone")

B

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions