Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Rats from infested house offered up for adoption as pets

ROCHESTER, Wash. (AP) -- Rats from a heavily infested house here are being trapped to be offered for adoption as pets.

Poison was used before her volunteer group got involved, and the rest of the rats are being trapped live to be offered for adoption, said Price, the sister of former Seattle Mariners pitching coach Bryan Price.

Rodent enthusiasts around the state constitute "a huge rat community," Price said.

As of Thursday the group had captured 29 live rats, including 10 babies.

"They're very smart, they're very clean, they can do tricks," Price said. "They're like little miniature dogs."

Before agreeing to move, Diller was saying, `You can't hurt them, they're my friends,'" said Susanne Beauregard, director of Animal Services.

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/R/RAT_HOUSE?SITE=PAPOE&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
Oh dear goodness! I don't think ANY of those pets would have been my choice and how in the world did the two snakes end up malnourished if there were that many rodents in the house?? :icon_scratch:

bakergeol

Bronze Member
Feb 4, 2004
Colorado
Detector(s) used
GS5 X-5 GMT
You can't hurt them, they're my friends,'" said Susanne Beauregard, director of Animal Services. :D :D :D :D :D

Hmm. I smell a rat. ;D ;D ;D ;D

George

Pepper2004

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2007
Southwest Georgia
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT, Whites M6, Vibra-Probe 570, Ace 250, Bounty Hunter 202, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505, Whites MXT, 2 Bullseye11
Cynangyl said:
Oh dear goodness! I don't think ANY of those pets would have been my choice and how in the world did the two snakes end up malnourished if there were that many rodents in the house?? :icon_scratch:

I thought about that too. She must of had them contained. They should let her sell them on EBay, she would make a fortune. ;D

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
Yeah I was thinking maybe they were in cages instead of being able to get out and get their food too.....would be the only thing that made sense to me! lol

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
she probably wouldn't let the Snakes eat the rats.
after all

"They're like little miniature dogs."

`You can't hurt them, they're my friends,'"

Plus
"they can do tricks" Like eat through walls & Wires ;D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread