Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
Government Bureaucrat 'Your Tax Dollars at Work'

A Federal Department of Water representative stopped at a farm and talked with an old farmer. He told the farmer, 'I need to inspect your farm for your water allocation.'

The old farmer said, 'OK, but don't go in that field over there.'

The Water representative said, 'Mister, I have the authority of the Federal Government with me.

See this card? The card means I am allowed to go WHEREVER I WISH on any agricultural land.

No questions asked or answered.

Have I made myself clear? Do you understand?'

The old farmer nodded politely and went about his farm chores. Later, the old farmer heard loud screams and saw the Water Rep running for the fence and close behind was the farmer's huge-horned prize bull.

The bull was gaining on the Water Rep with every step. The Rep was clearly terrified, so the old farmer immediately threw down his tools, ran to the fence and shouted out.....

'Your card! Your card! Show him your card!'

OP
OP
C

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
Re: Government Bureaucrat 'Your Tax Dollars at Work'

thought you might like that one! lol

OP
OP
C

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250

WV Hillbilly said:
Now that was right funny . ;D ;D

I sure thought so! Cracked me up....card didn't help him much now did it! rofl

prospector40 said:
That is so typical of the govt I cant hardly stand it. I work with a few federal employees. Let me tell you, they are nothing short of a burden on the tax payer, not to mention a disgrace.

Perhaps that is why it is so much fun to poke fun at it? :wink:

truckinbutch

Silver Member
Feb 15, 2008
Morgantown,WV
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Landstar

Similar thing happened to me back in my younger(lawless) days.Possum cop with a "john doe" warrant stopped us latenight on a country backroad,explained his omnipotent powers and proceeded to search the cab.
Unsatisfied with finding nothing up front he climbed into the bed and demanded keys to the locked plywood tool box behind the cab.
Standing on the ground I handed him the key with the comment,"Well,you got the paper says you can do this."
He jerked the lid up to reveal our "contraband" and my 80lb Airedale got him by the knot in his necktie.He was able to squeeze the dog loose by slamming the lid down and then ordered me to control my dog.
"Show him your paper.I am not required to assist you in a search."
He assembled what dignity he could and left.Never liked us much after that.

OP
OP
C

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250

imagine that! :wink: lol