Northern, Michigan
Detector(s) used
willow stick
Primary Interest:
Other
Cynangyl said:
I like it! ;D

Good one. 8)

The day will come when people will look back at these nuts for what they were...nuts!

Well, got to go. The wife just called the office and said my rare northern spotted owl soup is ready :icon_jokercolor:

S

stefen

Michigan Badger said:
Cynangyl said:
I like it! ;D

Good one. 8)

The day will come when people will look back at these nuts for what they were...nuts!

Well, got to go. The wife just called the office and said my rare northern spotted owl soup is ready :icon_jokercolor:

Beleive it or not, a lost hunter was found and was immediately arrested by the Forest Service. Apparently, to survive, he killed and was eating a Spotted Owl when he was found.

The judge dismissed the case and as the hunter left the court he was asked by a reporter to comment on his experience. Additionally, he was asked how the owl tasted.

About like an American Eagle, he replied :thumbsup:

Michigan Badger

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2005
Northern, Michigan
Detector(s) used
willow stick
Primary Interest:
Other
stefen said:
Beleive it or not, a lost hunter was found and was immediately arrested by the Forest Service. Apparently, to survive, he killed and was eating a Spotted Owl when he was found.

The judge dismissed the case and as the hunter left the court he was asked by a reporter to comment on his experience. Additionally, he was asked how the owl tasted.

About like an American Eagle, he replied :thumbsup:

:thumbsup: Truly awesome! :thumbsup: ;D

OP
OP
C

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
lol I remember when all the loggers in the area were selling lil cans of meat and it was labeled spotted owl.....guess they figured they had to find something to eat when the spotted owl stole their ability to support their families in the way they had done so for generations. Most are not as angry about it now as they were originally but still.....it was quite a blow...took away their ability to support their families, their heritage as well.....can't blame them for being angry....of course that is just my opinion....yeah, we want to preserve wildlife but at what expense??

Paul in WA

Oct 22, 2005
Washington State
Detector(s) used
DFX
for a while, unemployed loggers here were nailing spotted owls to the front doors of the politicians. turns out that the spotted owl wasn't as endangered as they thought.

truckinbutch

Silver Member
Feb 15, 2008
Morgantown,WV
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Landstar
Cynangyl said:
lol I remember when all the loggers in the area were selling lil cans of meat and it was labeled spotted owl.....guess they figured they had to find something to eat when the spotted owl stole their ability to support their families in the way they had done so for generations. Most are not as angry about it now as they were originally but still.....it was quite a blow...took away their ability to support their families, their heritage as well.....can't blame them for being angry....of course that is just my opinion....yeah, we want to preserve wildlife but at what expense??
Local market price for salt,pepper,other curing spices,canning jars,labor divided by the pounds of wildlife you wish to preserve.

Siegfried Schlagrule

Bronze Member
Mar 19, 2003
Indiana
Detector(s) used
All types of BFOs owned. Especially want White's Arrow; White's Oremaster; Exanimo Spartan Little Monster; Garrett contract Little Monster.
After being told that the spotted owl would only nest in old growth timber it was documented that they just love Wal-Mart signs. There is not now and never will be a shortage of Wal-marts so that problem is solved. The one and only reason that the spotted owl numbers ever decline is that they will breed with anything that has feathers. The eggs they hatch from those matings are not spotted. siegfried schlagrule

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread