102.4 KB · Views: 356
OP
OP
Old Dog

Old Dog

Gold Member
May 22, 2007
Western Colorado
The reintroduced Lynx should prosper if the mice and rabbits increase.
From what I understand these were all nabbed on his property.
If so there is no way he cleaned out the area.
He only reduced the population a bit.

Thom

OP
OP
Old Dog

Old Dog

Gold Member
May 22, 2007
Western Colorado
TT,

Believe it or not we have snowshoe hares here,
and the Lynx has been reintroduced over the last ten yearswith several relocated to the South of us on the Uncompagre Plateau which is just a few miles away.

They have recently been bringing in moose from out of State to repopulate the extinct populations on the Grand mesa as well.
The Green peace tree huggers have been sneaking in a bunch of wolves and such that are listed on the extinct list for years and have the ranchers all in an uproar lately. (This also includes a couple Grizzly sightings that are kind of scary).

The over population of the coyotes was started in the 70s when tree huggers thought there should be a ban on hunting them because they were under controll and hard to find. now they are coming up and taking the pets out of yards, as well as attacking the stock in the fields. Some have even confronted folks in their own yards in broad daylight.

This is something that had to be addressed.
I only hope that a good furrier will get a hold of the pelts and make this man's effort worth while.
And not a waste of time.

Thom

OP
OP
Old Dog

Old Dog

Gold Member
May 22, 2007
Western Colorado
All he has to do to prevent that is to post the property and prosecute a couple trespassers.
The law in Colorado is for the most part still on the side of a land owner. We are allowed to protect our property.

THANK GOD.

Thom

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
Holy smokes! I thought we had a lot of coyotes around here but that is just wow....that is all I can say! lol :o

Tubecity

Bronze Member
Mar 11, 2007
sw Pa.
Wow, there's a ton of coyotes out there. No wonder the Pa. Game Commision imported them dogs from
out there to control our deer herd. And this came from a trucker hauling a load of them that broke down
on the Pa. Turnpike in Somerset County.

truckinbutch

Silver Member
Feb 15, 2008
Morgantown,WV
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Landstar
Yep,thanks PA Game comission.We are getting a lot of them in WV.
Some we can identify by the attached game comission tags.
The others are easier because they have chewed off 3 legs and are still caught in the trap.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread