Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A ban on Clotheslins ? Now that's Snobbery

SOUTHAMPTON, N.Y. (AP) -- Town board members who had drawn the line at hanging clothes to dry outside are cutting residents some slack: It's OK for them to use clotheslines now.

The Southampton Town board has lifted a ban on clotheslines that had stood since 2002, when some homeowners complained the laundry on their neighbors' lawns was making the town look shabby.

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/O/ODD_CLOTHESLINE_BAN?SITE=PAPOE&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
Re: A ban on Clotheslins ? Now that's Snobbery

Whoever put that ban on must be crazy....nothing finer than sleeping under sheets that have been dried on the line....

Tubecity

Bronze Member
Mar 11, 2007
sw Pa.

These have to be the same kind of 'people' who leave the concrete jungle to move out in the country, and when
they get there they complain about the smells from the dairy farm over the hill. ?????? Or better yet, they complain
that the deer are eating the shrubbery, but don't you dare thin the herd by harvesting them, these folks wanted the
officials to use a contraceptive on the deer. (no kidding, mt. lebanon, suburb of pitts.) Now, I admit I've done some
seriously dumb things & have at least 200 stitches & a few broken bones as a result. But even when alcohol was
involved, I've never come close to even thinking about putting a condom on a buck. Have you????

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250

roflmao I would pay to watch though!!

Snobbery is right Jeff! and Gypsy hit the nail right on the head there too....nothing at all like sleeping in a bed with sheets that have been dried on a line. ahhhhhhhhh :icon_sunny:

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Tubecity said:
These have to be the same kind of 'people' who leave the concrete jungle to move out in the country, and when
they get there they complain about the smells from the dairy farm over the hill. ??????

yep we read about them in the papers here.

they move to the farm lands & Complain
about Manure Being Spread & Crops being sprayed.
they complain about the smell of the chicken farm beside them.
And Spout animal rights when cows & pigs get Butchered.
they complain they need to travel so far to the Mall ;
But try and put one accross the road from them :P
their the first one to Post protest signs against it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread