jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dear Mr. Berko: I've enclosed an advertisement from USA Today describing an offer of presidential gold dollars "never circulated" in ballistic wrap for $124. If you believe they will increase in value (like the 1,200 percent increase in Eisenhower dollars) I'd buy 100 of these ballistic rolls with a net 425 grams of pure weight. I've tried calling you on the phone (no luck), and I didn't know how long it would take you to respond to my e-mail so I Federal Exed this letter because I only have 72 hours to call their national order hot line and buy these presidential gold dollars. The World Reserve Monetary Exchange is apparently handling the sale of these coins for the U.S. Mint, and the U.S. Mint will never make these coins again so they will probably become worth a lot more over the coming few years. I've sent you a copy of the World Monetary Reserve Exchange's full-page advertisement so you can see firsthand what I am writing to you about. I also saved this page for office files and may frame it for good luck. The World Reserve Monetary Exchange will even give me a 90-day guarantee of my price back so this makes their offer even more attractive. My wife who is always suspicious has asked me to contact you before I invest in this venture.

P.D., Cleveland

Dear P.D.: Your stationery indicates that you're an attorney in private practice. Therefore, I've changed your initials because if your colleagues thought that you wrote this letter they'd probably stone you for stupidity and for embarrassing the legal profession. P.T. Barnum had to be talking about you.

Frankly, you have a better chance of making money suing USA Today for publishing that shifty, disingenuous ad than you would by purchasing those silly coins. Then I'd take the cockamamie, ridiculous World Reserve Monetary Exchange to the jailhouse door for picking the pockets of helpless numbskulls (like you) and you'd probably make a few more bucks in the process. Unbelievably credulous professionals like you are a danger to their clients, to their colleagues, their family and themselves. An attorney in Dayton, Ohio, whom I've known for nearly 50 years, firmly believes your naivete is grounds for dismissal from the Ohio Bar.

The World Reserve Monetary Exchange (WRME) is an egregiously overpriced marketing organization for coins that can be bought at one-third the WRME price from the U.S. Mint. Let's do some straight talking. You want to buy 20 U.S. government presidential dollar coins packaged in Saran wrap for $124 plus shipping costs of $15 and $6 insurance, just in case the coins get lost in the mail. But you'd better order quickly if you really believe all those presidential gold dollars will be gone in 72 hours.

It's hard to believe that USA Today readers are so brainless. WRME has been running this ad for six consecutive weeks. But if readers are willing to pay $145 for those dollar coins, which the mint will sell you at face value, then USA Today has a gaggle of fools for subscribers.

P.D., unless you graduated from the Three Mile Island Junior College of Law, there's no excuse for such gross stupidity. And while you saved this full-page USA Today color advertisement, you ought to see how my two dogs, Catfish and Cornbread, used that page.

more

http://www.daily-journal.com/archives/dj/display.php?id=422606

they are also selling an Overpriced Binder :P
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=130224035633

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread