Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
BELMAR, N.J. becomes a little bit Free'er

visitors and residents spend the day on the beach in Belmar, N.J. Revelers in this Jersey shore party town can now legally drink from unregistered beer kegs and give people the finger. Belmar has scrapped laws relating to kegs and flipping the bird, on the grounds that they were difficult to enforce

!!!61a93880-a1a1-47f3-b701-a6cfaa4a1ca9-big.jpg

NJ party town relaxes rules on kegs, rude gestures

BELMAR, N.J. (AP) -- After battling rowdy renters and out-of-control keggers for decades, this Jersey shore party town has finally decided to lighten up a little.

Belmar, sometimes called "Fort Lauderdale North" for its reputation as a raucous party enclave, has scrapped laws against giving the finger and requiring beer kegs to be registered. The town's mayor said the rules were difficult to enforce.

"I'm not sure anyone even knew that making obscene gestures was illegal," Mayor Ken Pringle said. "Right after we send out our tax bills, I tend to see a few."

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/R/ROWDY_BEACH_TOWN?SITE=PAPOE&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT

Tubecity

Bronze Member
Mar 11, 2007
sw Pa.
Re: BELMAR, N.J. becomes a little bit Free'er

Man, look at the people, way too many humans for my liking. I'd rather sit in my yard
under the garden hose.

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

i'd like to detect there early Mornings.

rferris75

May 1, 2008
Detector(s) used
Dfx, Prizm III, Ace 250

Got news for that mayor, Supreme court has ruled giving the finger is a gesture of saying (HELLO).

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread