Beat To Fit

S

stefen

True story...

A few years ago, my partner and I were having lunch with another architect and we were telling war stories.

It seem that this particular architect prepared a structural detail which included a 'Simpson' beam connector.

A frustrated contractor called stating that he had gone as far as contacting the Simpson Manufacturing direct and nobody could find the product that he had specified.

Apparently, the architect had stated the manufacturer and catalog model number, but had followed the model number with -BTFPTM.

The architect replied to the contractor saying that BTFPTM meant 'Beat To Fit, Pain To Match'.

Maybe this is trade humor similar to plumbers not biting their finger nails, or how to tell which nurse is the head nurse ;D

If so, just give it a tee-hee, and add your own.

truckinbutch

Silver Member
Feb 15, 2008
Morgantown,WV
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Landstar
Tee-Hee!
I was having coffee with the shop foreman of a major trucking company a few years ago when he got a call from a company driver on the road requesting road service in a remote area of Wyoming because his remote control right side mirror wouldn't turn.
"Gee,Rob",Nick said,"I gotta send a service guy 120 miles to you 'cause the mirror won't turn?How come the mirror won't turn,Rob?"
"Cause the truck's layin on it ,Nick."
Nick dispatched a towing company to recover another overturned tractor-trailer rig.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread