Nother one for ya,Old Dog

truckinbutch

Silver Member
Feb 15, 2008
Morgantown,WV
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Landstar
'Nother one for ya,Old Dog

We had a 12'x70' cage room with benches down both sides at the bottom of the elevator shaft for the miners
waiting to go off shift to sit until time to cage up.The opposite end,exiting into the mine was a 4 part revolving airlock door.
Invariably,the first guy on the bench every morning was the same bigbellied,liverlipped bubba that promptly fell asleep sitting up and snored so loudly that normal conversation couldn't be carried on for half the length of the cage room.We might have to endure this for 30 to 40 minutes before time to cage up.
Divine inspiration struck me one morning and I rose from my position halfway down the benches and walked up in front of this snoring lump with a bananna in my hand.50 other miners are watching what they expect to be a great prank performance on my part.
I slipped about 4 1/2" of bananna through Wade's blubbering lips before he started gagging,jerked it out ,and threw it to my partner in crime,JoJo Hunt to hide.
When Wade's eyes opened there I stood with my zipper down,myself exposed,and a grin on my face....
Where Wade had a knife hid in his coveralls that looked to be 2' long when he popped it open was a moot point at the time I took off running...
Wade,with fire in his eye ,in hot pursuit with his knife....
48 witnesses swear that I hit that revolving airlock door with such force that I stalled the main ventilation fan and Wade couldn't get a slot to go through for two minutes.That was my salvation.
Gave me time enough to hop a mainline coal train going 6 miles to the outside and hire a taxi home.
Management spent 3 hours calming Wade enough to get him to exit the mine and give up on the idea of killing me.
We both ended up getting a 3 day suspension for horseplay.
Until my buddy Wade died he told this story better than I just did.

S

stefen

Re: 'Nother one for ya,Old Dog

Man, I so want to say something...but, being that this is a family oriented site, I'll just laugh silently :tongue3:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread