I was told thered be cake!

lucky1777

Bronze Member
Aug 2, 2005
Illinois
Re: I was told there'd be cake!

af1733 said:
I'm not speaking out of any animosity towards drummer here, but from personal experience.

I grew up in a funeral home and, as a byproduct, in and around cemeteries as well. There's a reason a lot of cemeteries are closed after hours and that lots are well-lit and maintained. It's because people that have their loved ones buried there detest the thought of those loved-ones final resting places being desecrated by people that don't have an ounce of self-control.

Yes, the thought of hunting an old cemetery brings visions of large cents and seated silver and whatnot, but you have to have enough respect for the deceased not to go digging up their new "homes."

And here's some food for thought for you. You may think. "Well, cemeteries are public places, so detecting is legal there." Could not be more wrong.

Each plot in that cemetery was bought and paid for by the family members of the deceased. The non-burial areas can be owned by a number of different groups, but typically they are owned by a funeral home or mortuary, or another private organization. Sometimes, but rarely, will you find a cemetery that is owned by a city or town.

In drummer's situation, this is an older cemetery that is owned by, in his words, "an old grouch" that refused to sell the land to his family. Does it appear to anyone, except maybe Lucky, that he has permission to be here?

So, given all of this, do you still think it's perfectly acceptable to hunt a cemetery?
Hey Einstein, I never said he had permission. I said, "if you have permission and to NOT hunt over graves". So continue to make yourself look like an a$$ its fun to watch... And this is the Comedy thread. Bring back the clown, it fits you great.

ClonedSIM

Silver Member
Jul 28, 2005
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
White's XLT

lucky1777 said:
Hey Einstein, I never said he had permission. I said, "if you have permission and to NOT hunt over graves". So continue to make yourself look like an a$$ its fun to watch... And this is the Comedy thread. Bring back the clown, it fits you great.
Ahh, the prodigal son returns!! Where ya been, we missed your valuable and informed input! :tard:

Sorry, but you have no reason to be offended. You came in and defended his actions, that's all there is to it. Don't try to back-pedal now and make it seem as though you were saying something to the contrary.

Not to mention that you made the assumption I was somehow speaking for you, which was never the case, so if anyone should be offended it's me. I mean, seriously, you hadn't even written a post in this thread! Are you so vain that you assumed I was directing anything towards you? :icon_scratch:

Try again, maybe you'll actually make sense if we give you another chance at this....

lucky1777

Bronze Member
Aug 2, 2005
Illinois

af1733 said:
lucky1777 said:
Ahh, the prodigal son returns!! Where ya been, we missed your valuable and informed input! :tard:

Sorry, but you have no reason to be offended. You came in and defended his actions, that's all there is to it. Don't try to back-pedal now and make it seem as though you were saying something to the contrary.

Not to mention that you made the assumption I was somehow speaking for you, which was never the case, so if anyone should be offended it's me. I mean, seriously, you hadn't even written a post in this thread! Are you so vain that you assumed I was directing anything towards you? :icon_scratch:

Try again, maybe you'll actually make sense if we give you another chance at this....
"You need to read the posts on this site very carefully. You will not find anyone who supports digging up a cemetery." These were your words. I post on this site, and I support digging in cemeteries with permission and not digging over graves. So yes, I assumed you were referring to everyone on this site. Sorry that's what you said. So continue to spin all you want. I am done with this. Just bring back the clown, it fits you so well. :icon_jokercolor:

ClonedSIM

Silver Member
Jul 28, 2005
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
White's XLT

lucky1777 said:
af1733 said:
lucky1777 said:

"You need to read the posts on this site very carefully. You will not find anyone who supports digging up a cemetery." These were your words. I post on this site, and I support digging in cemeteries with permission and not digging over graves. So yes, I assumed you were referring to everyone on this site. Sorry that's what you said. So continue to spin all you want. I am done with this. Just bring back the clown, it fits you so well. :icon_jokercolor:
Okay, little guy, believe what you want. :thumbsup:

The rest of the responsible adults here will keep trying to leave a positive impression about treasure hunters on the rest of the general public. But don't you worry your little head about that. You keep finding the things grieving families have lost, and keep on feeling good about it! :tard:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread