spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Although there were many publishers in the early days, 2 stood out, those being Marvel and DC.

As a kid I did read most titles from both brands, but was more drawn to the art, style and storytelling from Marvel, than that of DC. To this day, I'll never forget reading my first Spider-Man comic and fell in love with the character immediately. This was the first time a comic ever really addressed the personality of a superhero and showed them even when vulnerable. For me that added just a little bit of realism to the book.

I am sure many of you may also remember a 3rd rated publisher "Charlton" they published mainly war and crime comics. I remember how bad the art and story lines were too :laughing7: Then there was Harvey comics with Casper, Wendy and my favorite lil devil Hot Stuff :tongue3:

Over the years both Marvel and DC had highs and lows and are starting to make money on their character franchises in the movies. Both Spider-man and Iron Man made some huge profits and we'll just have to see how Thor & Captain America do, leading to the Avengers movie next year.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My favorites were Spider-man when young, then later on Conan the Barbarian, Kull the Conqueror, WarLord, John Carter Warlord of Mars, Sgt Rock and then later on came the Fabulous Furry Freak Brothers:laughing7:...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions