Comic Publishers
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

us
    Jul 2009
    Whiting, NJ
    Ace 250
    1058 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

Comic Publishers

Although there were many publishers in the early days, 2 stood out, those being Marvel and DC.

As a kid I did read most titles from both brands, but was more drawn to the art, style and storytelling from Marvel, than that of DC. To this day, I'll never forget reading my first Spider-Man comic and fell in love with the character immediately. This was the first time a comic ever really addressed the personality of a superhero and showed them even when vulnerable. For me that added just a little bit of realism to the book.

I am sure many of you may also remember a 3rd rated publisher "Charlton" they published mainly war and crime comics. I remember how bad the art and story lines were too Then there was Harvey comics with Casper, Wendy and my favorite lil devil Hot Stuff

Over the years both Marvel and DC had highs and lows and are starting to make money on their character franchises in the movies. Both Spider-man and Iron Man made some huge profits and we'll just have to see how Thor & Captain America do, leading to the Avengers movie next year.

us
    Ace250man

Jul 2004
    Shelbyville or any yard where the owner will let me detect!
    ace 250
    195 times
    Metal Detecting
    Banner Finds (1)
    If it had an interesting story
    line I would read any comic
    when I was a teenager, but
    preferred Batman, Superman
    and all of those types of heroes.
    ALLEN

Charter Member
    us
    Jul 2006
    Florida
    Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
    33939 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    My favorites were Spider-man when young, then later on Conan the Barbarian, Kull the Conqueror, WarLord, John Carter Warlord of Mars, Sgt Rock and then later on came the Fabulous Furry Freak Brothers...
    PLEASE READ OUR RULES. CLICK HERE TO READ ------> TreasureNet.com Rules

2nd Amendment
    "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed"

Si vis pacem, para bellum "If you want peace, prepare for war!

USAF 1967-1971

I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic..."

No Expiration Date!

I excercise my right to keep and bear arms 24/7/365

us
    Jul 2012
    San Antonio, Texas
    Garrett 250
    3505 times
    Research/Limited field work
    Loved Sgt. Rock...

Sponsored Links