New to hunting
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

us
    Mar 2012
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

New to hunting

Ladies and gents,
    I'm brand new to detecting. So new that I'm still looking for a detector. I live in Milford and hope to do a good amount of hunting near or in the water. I'll also be doing land hunts as well. Was wondering what you folks are using as all around detectors. I've been doing research and am spinning with all of the info out there. Any input would be appreciated. Was looking at the whites beach hunter from tc metal detectors in granby. Also minelab Excalibur ii but have ready spotty things as far as reliability.

Thanks,
    Chris

Aug 2007
    1 times
    Hi Chris,

We are a local metal Detecting Club called the NUTMEG TREASURE HUNTERS located in North Haven,CT . Check out our website at : www.nutmegtreasurehunters.com we would enjoy meeting you at our next meeting on May 8th at 7:00pm check our webpages for directions , meeting dates and times .. BEST OF LUCK ..DIgging in the earth .. Andy

Charter Member
    us
    May 2010
    White Plains, New York
    Minelab GPZ 7000 -- Equinox 600 -- Vanquish 540 -- Minelab Pro Find 35 // Grave Digger Tools Nemesis shovel, Sidekick hand digger // Bunk's Hermit Pick // Sponsored By Fort Bedford Metal Detectors
    25998 times
    Metal Detecting
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Welcome from White Plains, New York! We have a beach house in Milford on Silver Beach! Take your time choosing a detector! Here are a couple of articles that might help.

"Beach and Water Hunting 101" - Beach Metal Detecting

"Saltwater Beach Detecting - Will One Machine do it all?" Saltwater Beach Detecting 101: Will One Detector Do It All?

Sponsored Links