jeremy.backpack

Tenderfoot
Apr 9, 2012
Groton, CT
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I just bought a Metal Detector and thought I'd start searching the forums for possible dig sites/ friends.

Found some documentation saying that you can't dig on state land unless it's 1.) In sand, 2.) Laying on the surface (no digging required), or 3.) You are "not digging" 8-) just finding fresh holes with "finds" in them.

I have also come to the conclusion that asking where to go MDing is like asking a fisherman where his favorite fishing spot is.

With that being said, I will take the other "members" advice about not asking the town/ state about metal detecting. (Trends seem to lead to new town ordinances popping up when the subject is brought to the surface- ... and they always favor conservation vice recreation.)

So let me sum this up (tell me if I get it right)!:
It's only illegal if you get caught. :blackbeard:
You can only legally dig on private land or in sand.
It's a bad idea to talk to any sort of authority on the matter of Metal Detecting.
Always fill your holes and take out all trash. (Or you WILL get caught!)
Only ask the MDing Experts for advice/ help, not for their personal honey holes.
AND... Have as much fun as possible!! 8-)

Any further advice would be awesome! :headbang:

SilverForBrains

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hey man, I'm visiting the area from down south for a week or two and brought my detector, let me know if you want to go out I have some good ideas on where to hunt! email is best for me to communicate since this forum is pretty public

Last edited:
OP
OP
jeremy.backpack

jeremy.backpack

Tenderfoot
Apr 9, 2012
Groton, CT
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sorry about the late response! I've been geocaching for the last couple of days.

treasureman001

Tenderfoot
Aug 14, 2007
Jeremy ,

We are a detecting club located in North Haven,CT called the NUTMEG TREASURE HUNTERS you can check out our website at www.nutmegtreasurehunters.com for meeting dates and times. We actually have a seeded hunt coming up this weekend for members .

Best of luck digging in the earth ,

Andy

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread