beginner in north east Connecticut..

Connecticut Sam

Bronze Member
Sep 28, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It is against Ct. laws to dig in any state forest and any state parks except beaches and you must turn any rings and watches found on beaches to the staff. For more information and regulations: Contact:
Thomas J. Tyler at [email protected]

Best of luck from Connecticut_Danny.

For a copy of the laws pertaining to using metal detectors on state and federal forests,and parks in Connecticut, sent a e mail to: [email protected] Off to jail you may go. End of story.

Connecticut Sam

Bronze Member
Sep 28, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes, I have laws pertaining to using metal detectors on state and federal lands.

Radioman

Tenderfoot
Apr 17, 2013
Manchester, Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter- Treasure Hunter and Bounty Hunter Pin Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
MDHTALK's List of National Parks in Connecticut

Remember it is illegal to Metal Detect in a National Park, Recreational Area or at a National Monument.
Find and Read Title 36 in the Right Column on this Page.

Select this Link to View the List of National Parks

from the link in my previous post..

banshee89

Tenderfoot
May 25, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Tom
Come here to Connecticut to search state parks and forests with your detector, and see how long it will take for you to end up in jail.

I am new to this forum and I hate for my first posts to be negative, but I see a lot of false information on here with, I have to think, the intent of scaring people off.

Honestly, I cant find any information. It used to be law that you could detect but not dig as of 2002. But that law is now gone from the state of Connecticut Regulations..... I cant find it anymore..... SOTS: Regs of CT State Agencies - Home

It is possible that it was silently repealed and no longer exists. The DEP guys running the beaches or state parks don't know all the laws and will tell you stuff that they have no idea about.

I will get to the bottom of this and find any regulation, if there is any. Keep in mind.... it is possible that regulation is now gone. It does happen.

Regardless.... metal detecting has never been banned in state parks and forest except for a few that have historic significance.

Here is a list of all Ct laws and regulations. If its not here it doesn't exist, no matter what some armchair warrior or DEP official says.

SOTS: Regs of CT State Agencies - Home

Kind of hard to prosecute and throw someone in jail over a law that does not exist.

Again I will get the info and the exact regulation if there is one. Like I said, I see stuff in other forums about the law and its all hearsay. That link I posted is from the Connecticut Secretary of the state page.... and it is the law..... and I cant find it. So unless its some Top secret, code red, call double O7, type of thing.... then some of you people are wrong (Connecticut Sam) and need to stop trolling.

On a side note.... looking through the regulations...... did you know its illegal to swim in a skirt? will I get thrown in jail for that arm chair warriors?

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread