Metal detecting in ct.

getgoldct

Mar 5, 2012
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 705
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello I live in Windsor ct and hunt Parks and schools Just fill in your holes also try your yard and your faimly and freinds. You will find stuff every where' have fun

OP
OP
K

kepi

Jan 30, 2013
getgoldct said:
Hello I live in Windsor ct and hunt Parks and schools Just fill in your holes also try your yard and your faimly and freinds. You will find stuff every where' have fun

Thanks for the tips

TMac

Feb 9, 2013
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-trac
Minelab X-terra 705 dual pack
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I live in the Hartford area and just ordered an xterra 705 dual pack..anybody in that area feel like showing a complete rookie the ropes please message me.

sandie1

Greenie
Jan 24, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Library, look for old places where people gathered like church suppers and concerts on town green and hunt there. Playgrounds, woods if there are cellar holes or if you know there were battles that occured out in woods, look at old maps and compare to new maps to see where and what was there back in 1800s. abandoned homes get permission to hunt before hunting, make sure you fill in your holes since if you find it others find it and you do not want to be responsible for a broken ankle or leg. BEACHES are great on lakes, rivers etc but do not stick your Metal Detector in Salt water unless specially made for saltwater. Problem is people do not want to telll their lucky places to find old coins or relics. Playgrounds are lucrative, look at Youtube.com and put in Metal detecting in Deleware or Mississippi or wherever. See what is there.

TMac

Feb 9, 2013
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-trac
Minelab X-terra 705 dual pack
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Library, look for old places where people gathered like church suppers and concerts on town green and hunt there. Playgrounds, woods if there are cellar holes or if you know there were battles that occured out in woods, look at old maps and compare to new maps to see where and what was there back in 1800s. abandoned homes get permission to hunt before hunting, make sure you fill in your holes since if you find it others find it and you do not want to be responsible for a broken ankle or leg. BEACHES are great on lakes, rivers etc but do not stick your Metal Detector in Salt water unless specially made for saltwater. Problem is people do not want to telll their lucky places to find old coins or relics. Playgrounds are lucrative, look at Youtube.com and put in Metal detecting in Deleware or Mississippi or wherever. See what is there.

I appreciate the info! That's actually the way I've been attacking it and have had some luck but not much..I keep hitting schools and parks but wish I had some more exciting places to hunt. I really want to start digging some silver coins but have only found one merc so far..found my first Indian head penny the other day, 1907. I've also found a movado watch, 10k ring, silver earring and religious pendant but I've been in a drought my last few weeks. Anyways, I'm carrying on, thanks again for the info.
HH Tmac

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread