MD clubs/groups in CT

tmwts

Dec 9, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello, I'm new to the MD'ing community, currently own a Tesoro Silver uMax that I bought used, the coil is a little wobbly, and it makes me nervous, not sure if that's bad or not. I've done some browsing and taken the advice of other members who own the Silver uMax, and set the discrimination right at the 'O' in foil. Was introduced to MD'ing by an uncle when I was a kid, he had one of those oldschool 70s detectors, I remember it was bright blue, can't remember the brand name. I've noticed that there's a few metal detector groups/meetups in CT, I live in Southington, so I'm not sure exactly which group would be closest to me, maybe the Yankee Territory Coinshooters.

I sure could use a detecting buddy to help show me the ropes, I'm already poring over old maps of my hometown, but the information overload in the detector community is pretty overwhelming. I'm a coin collector and I love old places, I like to go hunting for old cellar holes and homesteads. I don't particularly care what I find during the hunt; coins, relics, really anything that's interesting is satisfying to me. I've done a lot of beach hunting with a White's detector when I was young, it was a very entry level one, I recall it being ordered out of a magazine.

Last edited:

40ton

May 5, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Too bad it looks like three quarters of your town is on the national register. I have the same problem in my area, making the best sites off limits.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread