New metal detector from Southington, 860 area

swivell

Mar 4, 2011
Hello, I'm from Southington(Hartford County) and I'm interested in the metal detecting scene here, and would love somebody to teach me about it, or point me in the direction of a club or meetup group around here. Is there anyone who'd be willing to take me on a hunt and show me the ropes? Do people even go detecting in the winter, or is the ground too frozen? I know the basics, got a cheap White's detector from my uncle when I was 11, now 21. I work Monday to Friday from 10-2:30, so anytime after that or on weekends would be fine. I'm willing to drive about 45 minutes away at max, but I can make exceptions depending on the situation. You can contact me through PM here, or through email, my address is : [email protected]

I have a Tesoro Silver uMax but I've only used it a handful of times. I know basic things like how to swing the coil, some discrimination and target finding techniques, but I'm interested in hunt research using old town maps and things like that. I use this site a lot, been doing some reading here, but there's so much information it's a little overwhelming:

Truth about Metal Detecting & Treasure Hunting - All Info!

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread