Looking for Naugatuck Valley MDers

DFX - rated

Greenie
Jul 20, 2005
Naugatuck Valley, Ct
Detector(s) used
white's DFX, Beach hunter ID, Fisher 1280X
Looking for Naugatuck Valley MD'ers

Hi, recently re-relocated back to the region after a decade or more on the Treasure Coast of Florida, was just wondering if there are any other enthusiasts in my immediate area, the weather is almost ready. Please send me an email or post here if anyone local is wanting to correspond. I mainly hunt with a DFX, but also have a beach hunter id, a fisher 1280x. I recently purchased a Fisher two box Gemini 3, but have not tried it out in the field, hope to hear from someone soon. Below is a pic of a good spot located somewhere in within the frame, I will be detecting there in the coming weeks. Any guesses?

Attachments

• woods.jpg
    woods.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 403

JOE(USA)

Dec 3, 2006
New Milford,CT.
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cortes/Tiger Shark,Whites,B.H./ Teknetics,3DElectronics/ Two Box, Minelab XS,Excal.
Re: Looking for Naugatuck Valley MD'ers

West of Rt.8, just south of Naugatuck? Joe

lisfisher

Mar 5, 2008
CT
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari
Minelab Excalibur 2
White's classic 3sl
Garrett Infinium
Garrett pro pointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

That looks like one of the steep hills alongside of RT8 around Beacon Falls. I am about 30 min northwest of there if you ever want to get out. By the way how do you like your beachunter?

Omniradiant1

Apr 1, 2008

Hello,

New to detecting here. I happen to live in the valley. I just purchased an explorer se. Just getting the hang of it. Found a couple of nails and a few clad coins in the backyard. I would be willing to get together and go detecting with someone in the area just let me know.

Connecticut Sam

Bronze Member
Sep 28, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I live in Bridgeport, CT. Have detector, no car.

BOXING63

Jan 7, 2007
PIRATE ,CT
Detector(s) used
Excalibur ll, Sovereign GT / New England Detectors USA
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting

If any one would like to go metal detecting and have info on some place they would like to go MD let me know aways looking for new place to go MD my cell 203-685-8622

dwebb

Aug 19, 2012
CT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I grew up in Beacon Falls and have hunted for deer and small game in the state forest there since I was a kid. That does look like the woods around rte 8, between Naugatuck and Beacon falls. There are allot of old stone walls along the trails and I even found an old foundation up there. I believe this was all once farmland that was given to the state and has since grown in with forest. I had planned to do some MDing around that area when I get my new detector.

+dwebb

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread