No much activity in the Connecticut Forum :-(

The Buzzard King

Mar 29, 2005
N.E.P.A.
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ-5, Fisher 1280-X
I agree. I check it daily to see if there's anything new and interesting.
Although I don't live in CT. anymore, it's my home state, and I visit often.
So I'm always keeping an eye out for good places when I'm there.
I'm amazed that this area of the forum is so quiet, considering that CT.'s one of the oldest states.

lafatlife

May 14, 2008
CT
I am here as well. New to the forum as a whole. Just started detecting last August and I'm hooked.

I am still spending time around my home town, not very big but started in the late 1700s.

Haven't found much in the way good things, but have found over 30 dollars in clad.

I would love to find an old site and search it, but I honestly don't know where to start. Any suggestions are appreciated. East Hartford is almost an hour from me an North Haven is about 45 minutes. That makes it a tough choice to attend group meetings.

I wish there was one in the Northwest corner or there abouts to go to.

TooManyHobbies

Bronze Member
Dec 24, 2007
CT
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT,
DetectorPro HH Underwater
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm here in the northeast. Don't get out as much as I'd like due to work, but found my second silver Thursday. A 1948 Rosie. Still new to the hobby, but plan on getting out more.

ugotit22

Bronze Member
Dec 26, 2007
The Dirty Shire
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, and Whites IDX Pro
u would think there would be more people in ct ready to go out, however other then Paul i havent met up with anyone else to do some swinging

lafatlife

May 14, 2008
CT
Well I'm sure that there are several that belong to the clubs/groups in New Haven and East Hartford.

Neither one of them is close to me. Both are about 45 minutes away and meet on a night that I teach classes so I can't get to the meetings.

It would be great to meet up with others to detect for a bit. I would love that.

Viperclubber

Apr 29, 2008
Im in Watr and would go out. The problem is, I really never have, and dont know what I am doing. Could use some help on opinion of my namesake. Maybe try it and tell me what you think.

dewinwa

Apr 23, 2008
Naples, Italy
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Whites DFX300
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ugotit22 said:
u would think there would be more people in ct ready to go out, however other then Paul i havent met up with anyone else to do some swinging

Well I am always willing to go most weekends. Let me know when and where and I'll let you know if it's a go. I live up near mohegan sun if anyone is interested in meeting up somewhere.

alpha105

May 19, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If it makes u feel better theres probably less in the Wisconsin Forum.

lafatlife

May 14, 2008
CT
Viperclubber said:
Im in Watr and would go out. The problem is, I really never have, and dont know what I am doing. Could use some help on opinion of my namesake. Maybe try it and tell me what you think.

Well let me know and I will get a friend of mine and perhaps we can meet on a weekend day. I am usually very busy during the week.

I can show you what I know and you can go from there. First thing I recomend is to read the manual that comes with your detector and get to know it. You'll be ahead of the game that way.

TooManyHobbies

Bronze Member
Dec 24, 2007
CT
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT,
DetectorPro HH Underwater
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Me too, 45-60 minutes from New London.

Reverend B*IKE*

Jan 11, 2009
YOU CON
Detector(s) used
Minelab SAFARI, AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Let s Go Spring!

Hey one more quit sound from the WestConn/ NY Border
Since it is so quiet here
I wont say much!
Except COME ON SUNNY WEATHER!

leddel

Jun 30, 2006
connecticut
i'm here in the northern part of the state as well as a few i go out with to relic hunt.
i agree it seems to be a slow board here in CTand here's your java :coffee2:. Dan

resqnine

Greenie
Feb 15, 2009
Hey all, was out 2 weeks ago and headed to the shoreline, up North was still frozen. Came up with a few coins, key and what appears to be a hollow point bullet that was shot into the sand, that was about 12" down. Only spent an hour out there, looking forward to spring to hit it heavy.

JOE(USA)

Dec 3, 2006
New Milford,CT.
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cortes/Tiger Shark,Whites,B.H./ Teknetics,3DElectronics/ Two Box, Minelab XS,Excal.
FooserPaul said:
Where is everyone... there has to be a few lurkers here....

Come out come out where ever you are...

Paul

SHUuuuuuush! I want to keep all the goodies for myself. Joe

cole1

Apr 27, 2007
South Eastern Connecticut
Detector(s) used
dfx
I'm here in Colchester, CT..just got out for the first time this week for two hours. Didn't find much of anything old but had a good time in the fresh air. Being a female out in the middle of the woods by myself sometimes spooks the heck out of me! So if people want to gather somewhere for a CT dig..I'm all for it!

lafatlife

May 14, 2008
CT
I think a hunt for those of us not in a club would be cool. The clubs are around 45 minutes away for me and a little too far no matter which one it is.

I would a hunt on a weekend and would love to meet up with a few of you in CT. It would be nice to meet others that have the same hobby.

resqnine

Greenie
Feb 15, 2009
Hey all. Sounds good about all getting together. Ground is just starting to thaw and was out the other day for a little. My schedule is flexible so let me know.....

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread