fish on!

May 4, 2012
In the bank
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Today's two boxes:

Box 1: 1 1964 Kennedy (90%)
Box 2: 3 40%'ers (Including two enders)

I'll update with pics tonight. It looks like this week is starting out pretty good. The law of enders obviously didn't work out for me though. I always find it amazing that people can save ender rolls for hours. I opened both ender rolls first because the suspense was driving me nuts.

OP
OP
F

fish on!

May 4, 2012
In the bank
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pics, sorry for the quality:
410.jpg ender.jpg

On a side note: Since I have upped my volume I have been edge checking and then sound checking. Today was the first time I missed a 40% on the edge check. I totally caught it on the sound check, though. At least now I know I can definitely tell the difference in the sounds. The edge of this coin looked exactly like a brand new shiny clad.

OP
OP
F

fish on!

May 4, 2012
In the bank
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No saturday hunting this week since I spent the day not catching fish again.

4 MWR dime boxes today:
Box 1: skunk
Box 2: skunk
Box 3: 2x 1946 Roosevelts
Box 4: skunk

This is about the worst results I have had with dimes, but any silver from coins I picked up on a sunday are good in my book.

I also dumped this weeks halves today. I finally managed to conclusively prove that my dump bank does not use the same armored car co. as my supply bank. Most banks won't tell me the name of the armored car company, so I found a way around it: After dumping and going to the counter I asked the teller if he could sell me a roll of dimes.

OP
OP
F

fish on!

May 4, 2012
In the bank
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
First two half boxes of the week today: both skunks

I had some time so I stopped at a few banks asking for halves. I ended up with $30 cwr. All skunks. I wanted some silver so I stopped at a branch and asked for a box of dimes. They could only spare $100 MWR. Ended up with a 1957 and 1961 roosevelt. Wish I had the rest of that box.
Not a great day, but I'll take it. A little more on the pile.

OP
OP
F

fish on!

May 4, 2012
In the bank
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
two more boxes today: two more skunks

ugh.....and I didn't have any time to pick any dimes or quarters up so no silver for me today.

OP
OP
F

fish on!

May 4, 2012
In the bank
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Two more boxes of halves today: both skunks
It's been a rough week. I may have to get a metric crap-load of dimes and quarters for the weekend to make up for it.

OP
OP
F

fish on!

May 4, 2012
In the bank
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good Day

Today I decided to take lemons and make silverade out of them. Since I'm riding a six half dollar box skunk streak I decided to grab some quarters and dimes today. I got two boxes of MWR dimes and two boxes of MWR quarters. I started with the quarters.

Quarter Box 1: Skunk
Quarter Box 2: 1 canadian clad (had me hoping), 1 2001-P New York Plated (had me praying), 1 1964 (very dirty), 1 1936 (worn, but clean)
Total: 2 silvers

When I saw the P on the 2001 silver edge I was heart broken, but I'm still thrilled that I averaged 1 silver per quarter box today.

Next up were dimes:

Dime Box 1: 1x 1964 D Roosie, 1x 1946 Roosie
Dime Box 2: 1x 1960 D Roosie, 1x 1956 Roosie

After searching $3k in halves this week and having nothing to show for it, I'm thrilled with today's results.

Here are the pics (sorry for the quality).
finds.jpg edge.jpg trick.jpg

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome day!! That is a sweet score on them quarters, 2 silvers in one box is great! I have yet to find a silver quarter, but I will keep trying.
Thanks for sharing, good luck this week,
hh
buff

OP
OP
F

fish on!

May 4, 2012
In the bank
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks. Same to you. I still have 6 boxes of halves coming next week, but I'm going to readjust my extra CRH time to picking up dimes and quarters instead of looking for teller tray half scores.

OP
OP
F

fish on!

May 4, 2012
In the bank
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Grabbed a box of dimes and box of quarters today:

Dime Box: Skunk
Quarter Box: 1x 1964 Wahington

I'm liking the quarters. That's 3 silver quarters out of 3 quarter boxes searched this weekend.
1964.jpg

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow awesome find! This is giving me the urge to go do some quarters, especially with my dime numbers being so bad.

OP
OP
F

fish on!

May 4, 2012
In the bank
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You should definitely give them a shot. I think people expect to not find quarters and so they don't. If someone buys two boxes of quarters and get's skunked they give up because "quarters don't produce". If someone gets two skunk boxes of halves they just keep ordering because halves "produce". I can honestly say that I have the best luck with dimes, but I think I have a better average on quarters than halves. At least in the last couple weeks.

OP
OP
F

fish on!

May 4, 2012
In the bank
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good Boxes Today!

Well, I grabbed my first two boxes of halves this week and ended my half dollar skunk streak at 6 boxes in style. Results:

Box 1: 9 Silvers: 2x90% ('64 Kennedy, '59 Franklin); 7x40%'ers
Box 2: 5 Silvers: 1x90% ('64 Kennedy); 4x 40%'ers

14 silvers from two boxes is great for me. Definitely my best boxes ever. I'll upload pics tonight.

OP
OP
F

fish on!

May 4, 2012
In the bank
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Picture of today's score. I forgot to mention: One box had a 1964 reverse ender, but I didn't notice it before I opened the roll since I'm too lazy to flip all the rolls to search for enders.
good one.jpg

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome!!! I love this thread, nobody ever wants to show pictures anymore, and you do :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread