OP
OP
F

fish on!

May 4, 2012
In the bank
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, this week did not go as planned. I had more boxes on order than I have ever had before (36). 32 boxes actually came in. They were not great boxes, though. I ended up with a total of 31 silvers (4x90%(3 kens, 1 ben)). Not terrible results, but not great either. Friday I searched 20 boxes and 17 of them were skunks which was pretty terrible. I may have actually started and finished my longest skunk streak ever all in one day.
I hope next week is better.

CRH_Kennedy

Tenderfoot
Sep 25, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Where did you go fish on? been checking your thread all month long and finding zero posts… hope you're well.

OP
OP
F

fish on!

May 4, 2012
In the bank
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Where did you go fish on? been checking your thread all month long and finding zero posts… hope you're well.

Sorry, I'm still around. I just don't have a lot of free time to post all my results anymore. I've been hunting a steady 16 boxes a week. Last week they were all skunks. This week I had a box with 49 silvers in it (Only one 90% walker, the rest 40%'ers). Once I get more free time I'll update more. I'm a little less than a month away from finishing up my first complete year of hunting and my total silver found is 253 ounces which totally blew away all of my expectations.

Good luck with your hunts.

7up2000

Jul 6, 2014
Tucson, Arizona
Detector(s) used
Currently use Garrett AT Pro, Previously used the Fisher F2 for one year
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I thought I should probably make a hunting log instead of posting a thousand new threads.

Yesterday I stopped at a couple banks on the way home and got a box of dimes and 3 boxes of quarters

Dime Box- Skunk
Quarter Box 1: 1954 Washington
Quarter Box 2: Skunk
Quarter Box 3: Skunk

I'm actually liking the quarters and will continue searching them. In the last month I have searched 6 boxes of quarters and found 3 silver Washingtons. I don't have to special order the boxes and I don't have to worry about the coin counter miscounting them (like dimes) and the tellers don't have to do a thousand bag changes (like halves).
Congrats. 3 silver quarters in 6 boxes is pretty good. I've searched 3 boxes of quarters and found a 1961.

Silverslug

Aug 14, 2014
Nevada
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
253 oz. is awesome. You still have enough time to hit 300 oz. for the year. A box with 49 silvers has got to be a record. I think my best box ever was 18.

Tjcoins

Sep 17, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
what bank is that or what coin machine is it?

where $1,500 filled up 3% of the bin.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread