Fishing for Silver- Fish On!s CRH Log

fish on!

May 4, 2012
In the bank
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Fishing for Silver- Fish On!'s CRH Log

I thought I should probably make a hunting log instead of posting a thousand new threads.

Yesterday I stopped at a couple banks on the way home and got a box of dimes and 3 boxes of quarters

Dime Box- Skunk
Quarter Box 1: 1954 Washington
Quarter Box 2: Skunk
Quarter Box 3: Skunk

I'm actually liking the quarters and will continue searching them. In the last month I have searched 6 boxes of quarters and found 3 silver Washingtons. I don't have to special order the boxes and I don't have to worry about the coin counter miscounting them (like dimes) and the tellers don't have to do a thousand bag changes (like halves).

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
coin_collection.gif
Nothing wrong with finding a 1954 Washington fish on!!

ArkieBassMan

Silver Member
Dec 17, 2009
AR
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When you dump quarters are most of the bags set to $500 before change?

All the machines in my area are set to fill at $1000 and have multiple bags dedicated to quarters.

OP
OP
F

fish on!

May 4, 2012
In the bank
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When you dump quarters are most of the bags set to $500 before change?

At TD in my area, there are two $500 bags.
At my other dump bank chain, I haven't hit a limit on any denomination yet so I haven't seen the inside of the machine. I'm thinking all the coins go into a bin or something. Case in point: At one branch today, I dumped $1100 in halves and $250 in dimes in one shot and there was no slow down and no pause. I love this bank. I am only limited by the amount of coin I can walk in there with and not feel absurd.

OP
OP
F

fish on!

May 4, 2012
In the bank
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got a late start this morning, so I didn't get to ask at many banks.

So far today:
I found a CU with a box of MWR halves. They made me become a member to buy it, but I only had to initially deposit $5 and they have no fees or minimum balances. I'll update with the results once I open it

I also dumped $3200 this morning at 3 different branches (mixture of quarters, dimes, and halves)

I also placed my orders for next week. I have 6 boxes of halves on order for next week. Right now I'm busy between work and school, so I think that's the limit I can realistically handle right now.

OP
OP
F

fish on!

May 4, 2012
In the bank
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got a late start this morning, so I didn't get to ask at many banks.

So far today:
I found a CU with a box of MWR halves. They made me become a member to buy it, but I only had to initially deposit $5 and they have no fees or minimum balances. I'll update with the results once I open it

I also dumped $3200 this morning at 3 different branches (mixture of quarters, dimes, and halves)

I also placed my orders for next week. I have 6 boxes of halves on order for next week. Right now I'm busy between work and school, so I think that's the limit I can realistically handle right now.

Box was a skunk, as I expected. I still have not pulled a single silver out of a Brinks box of halves.

OP
OP
F

fish on!

May 4, 2012
In the bank
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Unexpected Silver and a first.
I stopped at a random bank today and asked for halves. They had two rolls of brinks MWR. I got one 1968 D. The first is that it was the first time I have gotten a silver out of a brinks roll. I was starting to think brinks just didn't have silver in my area since I've been through 4-5 boxes from brinks with no previous luck.

Joshr29

May 23, 2012
Texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
At the bank I use the machine has six different bens that hold a grand a piece. It is pretty awesome.

OP
OP
F

fish on!

May 4, 2012
In the bank
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
At the bank I use the machine has six different bens that hold a grand a piece. It is pretty awesome.

Haha. That's awesome. I feel like I should test the limits at one of these branches. I'm going to need a handtruck or a forklift.

Joshr29

May 23, 2012
Texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I give my machine a grand a day. I've seen the inside of it three times. The tellers there are really cool about it though. I always stop by the bakery and grab them something. Just got done actually and I must have missed a Rosie yesterday. I got one rejected to me :)

Joshr29

May 23, 2012
Texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How about all y'all's machines. Do they reject the silver?

OP
OP
F

fish on!

May 4, 2012
In the bank
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I picked up this week's first two boxes of halves today. I searched the outside 10 rolls from each box during lunch. I ended up with two firsts in one coin: My first 90% from a half box and my first Ben. It's really dirty but I'm psyched. I'll update with totals and a picture once the boxes are done tonight.

OP
OP
F

fish on!

May 4, 2012
In the bank
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Totals from the boxes I started earlier today:

Box 1: 1 Dirty 1952 Ben 1-40%
Box 2: Skunk (Found a Buffalo Boy Half haha)

The Ben is really dirty looking, but I'm psyched. Two more silvers on the pile.

ben.jpg

I know it's not a dream score like a lot of others are finding, but I'm happy with today's results. I hope tomorrow and Friday's boxes are just as good or better.

OP
OP
F

fish on!

May 4, 2012
In the bank
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Two more boxes today. They were both skunks. That puts the skunk streak at three boxes. Hope tomorrow is better.

OP
OP
F

fish on!

May 4, 2012
In the bank
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last two boxes of the week today:

Box 1: Skunk
Box 2: 1-40% 'er

The second box was odd. Almost every roll had a couple of coins that looked like someone paint them with light blue paint or something to make them look like silver. They really didn't look like silver. All through the box, I was thinking to myself that someone has way too much free time on their hands. I still checked every one of the blue coins and lo and behold one of them was a 1968 D. So my question is: Did someone get so caught up with painting clad that they accidentally painted a 40% 'er or is this some kind of rusting that took place on these coins. I'm really hoping it is the former because I think that would be a fitting reward for the mo mo that spends all his time painting coins.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread