Zero

Zero

Bronze Member
Feb 20, 2013
Kentucky
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Garda half box #61: skunk

I made a hunting organizational change. I canceled future Garda boxes and arranged to make that bank a dump bank. They are going to take bags which is cool as long as I can arrange a quick credit. I'll work out the details next week with my first dump. 7 keepers out of 61 boxes was just not worth it to me.

Two Brinks half boxes tomorrow...hope they're good.

SilverFace

Silver Member
Aug 21, 2011
Silverville
Primary Interest:
Other
Only 7 keepers from 61 boxes is pretty rough. Good luck with your new dump bank and your two boxes tomorrow. Im hoping to have two boxes to p/u tomorrow too. Hopefully we both can at least find a little silver before the week is through and hopefully have a good start in the new month.

H$H!

OP
OP
Zero

Zero

Bronze Member
Feb 20, 2013
Kentucky
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's official...I ended April with 29 keepers which is very decent (except that it all came in the first two weeks and the last two weeks were skunksville). It's a new month with a new dumping strategy. Things are looking good.

SilverFace

Silver Member
Aug 21, 2011
Silverville
Primary Interest:
Other
Sounds like some pretty good totals you had for April. I've been in skunksville the past couple of weeks too. But I had a good start to the new month when I scored a couple of 40% from some loose halves from a bank earlier today. Those were the first silver halves I've found in about 2 1/2 weeks so it was sure nice seeing silver again. I also picked up two half boxes today so Im hoping for a liitle more silver at least but Im dreading more skunks. Good luck with your next two boxes too.

OP
OP
Zero

Zero

Bronze Member
Feb 20, 2013
Kentucky
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Brinks half box #51: skunk (side marked...gaggg)
Brinks half box #52: 1-40%

Wow...it's amazing how one keeper feels after a series of skunks. I got on the train out of skunksville.
image-2741884595.jpg

SilverFace

Silver Member
Aug 21, 2011
Silverville
Primary Interest:
Other
Im sure it feels good to at least be able to break your skunk streak. I think Im going to feel just as surprised and relieved if I manage to find even just one keeper from my two boxes tonight. So far Im almost through the first box and my best keeper is an '87D. If I can find at least one silver edge that would sure be a sight for sore clad seeing eyes lol.

OP
OP
Zero

Zero

Bronze Member
Feb 20, 2013
Kentucky
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Garda half box #62: skunk

That was my last skunky box from that source. I dropped off my first bag of $500 worth of halves this morning with them. They said they would run it through their machine and credit my account. I hope it goes smoothly and shows up sooner rather than later. Out of 62 boxes:
Box #16, #42, and #43 each had one and box #35 had four. All of the rest were skunks. I think if the 35-42-43 kind of pattern had continued it would have been worth it but skunk streaks of 19 boxes is just too much for a low volume hunter like me. I just got to keep on rolling.

SilverFace

Silver Member
Aug 21, 2011
Silverville
Primary Interest:
Other
Good luck with your new dump bank. And I hope u start seeing some better boxes soon. The skunks sure do start to stink after a while.

H$H!

OP
OP
Zero

Zero

Bronze Member
Feb 20, 2013
Kentucky
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Brinks half box #53: 1-40%
Brinks half box #54: skunk
image-3784804966.jpg
One is better than none.

My new dump bank is going to accept $500 bag deposits with adjustments if the courier gets a different count. I hope it works out.

SilverFace

Silver Member
Aug 21, 2011
Silverville
Primary Interest:
Other
Yeah ones better than nothing. I got 3 boxes today and Im most of the way through the 2nd box and so far nothing. Im hoping I can at least find something in the last box or I will have struck out on all 5 of my boxes this week. Good luck with your new dump bank.

H$H!

OP
OP
Zero

Zero

Bronze Member
Feb 20, 2013
Kentucky
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah ones better than nothing. I got 3 boxes today and Im most of the way through the 2nd box and so far nothing. Im hoping I can at least find something in the last box or I will have struck out on all 5 of my boxes this week. Good luck with your new dump bank. H$H!

Things sure seem slow right now. I hope your last box has something.

OP
OP
Zero

Zero

Bronze Member
Feb 20, 2013
Kentucky
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Did some bank hopping while visiting my in-laws. I went to several places that I have found silver at in the past but didn't score until I can back to the house.

$10 loose Ike's:skunk
$19 loose halves: skunk
$2.67 loose motherinlaw change: 1-40%, 1-Rosie, 1-dateless buffalo, 1-steel cent, 72 Ike, 2000 sasaquahia, 1-wheatie
image.jpg

My motherinlaw has been generous with her silver. So, whenever I strikeout she tosses me a bone. She has given me an ASE and a 1882 morgan in the past.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Zero

Zero

Bronze Member
Feb 20, 2013
Kentucky
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Stopped at a couple banks while I was driving around this morning. First bank had nothing and said a couple of people had already come by asking for halves. I went across the street to a smaller bank that kind of blends in with the buildings around and $40 in cwr halves. It almost always pays to do one more bank.

$40 cwr halves: 1-90%, 2-40%
image-2024137113.jpg

It's nice to get a 90% again.

SilverFace

Silver Member
Aug 21, 2011
Silverville
Primary Interest:
Other
Some nice finds. I wish I could find more customer halves - seems like they're becoming more scarce for me these days.

H$H!

OP
OP
Zero

Zero

Bronze Member
Feb 20, 2013
Kentucky
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
$90 cwr halves: skunk
$2 loose halves: skunk
$1 Ike: skunk

Figured I would stop at a bank on my way to dump and I found a nice sized cwr collection but it was all clad.

OP
OP
Zero

Zero

Bronze Member
Feb 20, 2013
Kentucky
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had a decent day driving around hitting a few banks. Got some loose halves, cwr halves, and a couple of dime boxes.

$50 cwr halves: skunk
$60 loose halves: 3-40%
2-boxes of dimes: 2-Rosie's, 1-merc

image-539511268.jpg
image-3603125389.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread