fish on!

May 4, 2012
In the bank
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Brinks box #1 halves: skunk, lots of NIFC's

Brinks box #2 halves: 1-1939s walker, a few NIFC's

View attachment 814529

I love walking liberties. I was surprised that it was all by itself.

Sent from my iPhone using TreasureNet

Awesome! I still haven't found a walker. In fact, I bought one from a coin store a couple days ago because I couldn't wait to find one any longer.

moff347

Apr 8, 2013
Primary Interest:
Other
$306 bag of ikes: skunk but miscounted in my favor 312 clads

How did you get them to order you a bag of ikes????
I heard rumors about a bank ordering these in my area and approached them and they said the same thing every other bank says about only being able to order the small dollars and could not specify. I know there is a way to order them because the option is available on the FEDS website.

OP
OP
Zero

Zero

Bronze Member
Feb 20, 2013
Kentucky
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They didn't order them. This was a dump by an old man. I was hoping for some special ones but they were either picked over by the tellers or the old guy didn't cash any silver in. I thought about selling them on eBay but it seemed like a hassle and would have crippled my CRH bankroll. So I just dropped them at one of my dump banks. It was worth a shot and I got $6 out of the deal.

OP
OP
Zero

Zero

Bronze Member
Feb 20, 2013
Kentucky
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
$500 Garda half box #23: skunk

$500 Garda half box #24: skunk

Tough week so far...maybe next week.

Last edited:

fish on!

May 4, 2012
In the bank
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
$500 Garda half box #1: skunk

$500 Garda half box #2: skunk

Tough week so far...maybe next week.

Keep at it. Usually I'll have a bad week or two followed by a great week. It all evens out. Keep searching and keep stacking!

OP
OP
Zero

Zero

Bronze Member
Feb 20, 2013
Kentucky
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
$500 brinks box #20: skunk
$55 loose and cwr: skunk

I have another box waiting to go through.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Zero

Zero

Bronze Member
Feb 20, 2013
Kentucky
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
$500 Brinks box of halves #21: 1-40% (an ender)

This was an ender on the 7th to last roll. It's something and better than nothing.

image-1097358783.jpg

Got to dump a couple boxes before Thursdays pickup.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Zero

Zero

Bronze Member
Feb 20, 2013
Kentucky
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I dumped this weeks earlier boxes and picked up two more. One of my dump banks, BB&T, gave me trouble last week because my account was a zero balance. Technically the account has no minimum balance. So, to make them happy I have been depositing my dumps instead of just taking the cash and I left $5 in the account as well. It seemed to do the trick for now. I am already planning to open another account elsewhere since I could be cutoff any week by BB&T. They have three branches in my town and I dump $500 at two of the branches each week rotating one branch to skip each week. I thought I was flying under the radar but they seem a bit suspicious of me. One teller actually said, "I will take it this last time...it just creates too much work". I haven't stopped dumping there but I haven't seen her since she kind of cut me off. I will push back a little to keep my dump bank intact, and I don't think the "too much work" argument will fly with the manager, but you never know how the management will respond to a complaint from me since my CRH is really not a money maker for them.

$500 Garda box of halves #25: skunk and 14-NIFC's

Last edited:

fish on!

May 4, 2012
In the bank
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I dumped this weeks earlier boxes and picked up two more. One of my dump banks, BB&T, gave me trouble last week because my account was a zero balance. Technically the account has no minimum balance. So, to make them happy I have been depositing my dumps instead of just taking the cash and I left $5 in the account as well. It seemed to do the trick for now. I am already planning to open another account elsewhere since I could be cutoff any week by BB&T. They have three branches in my town and I dump $500 at two of the branches each week rotating one branch to skip each week. I thought I was flying under the radar but they seem a bit suspicious of me. One teller actually said, "I will take it this last time...it just creates too much work". I haven't stopped dumping there but I haven't seen her since she kind of cut me off. I will push back a little to keep my dump bank intact, and I don't think the "too much work" argument will fly with the manager, but you never know how the management will respond to a complaint from me since my CRH is really not a money maker for them.

$500 Garda box of halves: skunk and 14-NIFC's

I personally never leave that low of a balance in any of my dump accounts for this exact reason. If they are seeing your face every week you should try to have enough money in the account where they will actually have to think about whether or not to close your account. The only dump bank I leave a low balance at is a credit union. Partially because I don't care if I get cut off by them and partially because they are a credit union and I think they are a little more lenient with their members. That's just my opinion, but I dump a pretty large volume every week and have never had anyone hint at me slowing down the volume from the dump side.

OP
OP
Zero

Zero

Bronze Member
Feb 20, 2013
Kentucky
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I personally never leave that low of a balance in any of my dump accounts for this exact reason. If they are seeing your face every week you should try to have enough money in the account where they will actually have to think about whether or not to close your account. The only dump bank I leave a low balance at is a credit union. Partially because I don't care if I get cut off by them and partially because they are a credit union and I think they are a little more lenient with their members. That's just my opinion, but I dump a pretty large volume every week and have never had anyone hint at me slowing down the volume from the dump side.

Thanks Fishon for the suggestion. My CRH bankroll doesn't allow me to have much excess sitting in my dump bank accounts, but you have a good point. For now, I am going to deposit my coins at my dump banks to at least give the allusion of having a balance.

Sorry about your recent road trip that ended with just a couple of silvers. As you have suggested in the past, bad weeks are followed by good ones. Keep on fishing!

fish on!

May 4, 2012
In the bank
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Fishon for the suggestion. My CRH bankroll doesn't allow me to have much excess sitting in my dump bank accounts, but you have a good point. For now, I am going to deposit my coins at my dump banks to at least give the allusion of having a balance.

Sorry about your recent road trip that ended with just a couple of silvers. As you have suggested in the past, bad weeks are followed by good ones. Keep on fishing!

Thanks. I like road trips and never really expect much from them. Most of my teller tray finds are actually pretty close to home. I just like getting out of the area and exploring new places.

OP
OP
Zero

Zero

Bronze Member
Feb 20, 2013
Kentucky
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Brink's boxes of halves not ordered: skunk

OP
OP
Zero

Zero

Bronze Member
Feb 20, 2013
Kentucky
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
2-Brink's boxes of dimes: skunk

sagittarius98

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2012
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Other
2-$500 Brinks halves: 1964, 1966, and 1969 plus a 1988s proof, a few NIFC's, and a Panamanian Centario

Some silver...woohoo! That's the second best box I have found so far.

If the Panamanian is a 1953 Centenario half, it is 90% silver and made on the US half planchets.

sagittarius98

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2012
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Other
They didn't order them. This was a dump by an old man. I was hoping for some special ones but they were either picked over by the tellers or the old guy didn't cash any silver in. I thought about selling them on eBay but it seemed like a hassle and would have crippled my CRH bankroll. So I just dropped them at one of my dump banks. It was worth a shot and I got $6 out of the deal.

Did you dump them in a coin machine? None of the ones in my area accept Ikes, but I guess that just depends on how its calibrated.

OP
OP
Zero

Zero

Bronze Member
Feb 20, 2013
Kentucky
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Did you dump them in a coin machine? None of the ones in my area accept Ikes, but I guess that just depends on how its calibrated.

No, I took them to a bank in stacks of 10 in a shoe box. The teller was a little annoying because he would grab them out of the box randomly and then count them individually. It took him a while to count all 300.

I think I could sold them eBay, but I just didn't want to hassle with it and in the mean time I wouldn't have been able to purchase a half box each week until the proceeds came in.

sagittarius98

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2012
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Other
No, I took them to a bank in stacks of 10 in a shoe box. The teller was a little annoying because he would grab them out of the box randomly and then count them individually. It took him a while to count all 300.

I think I could sold them eBay, but I just didn't want to hassle with it and in the mean time I wouldn't have been able to purchase a half box each week until the proceeds came in.

I thought it had to be a coin machine due to the miscount.

OP
OP
Zero

Zero

Bronze Member
Feb 20, 2013
Kentucky
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Garda half boxes #26 and #27: skunked, a few NIFC's and two proofs.

I am cutting back from four boxes a week down to one for now. I am going to add another box or two if I can find some one to order them for me.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Zero

Zero

Bronze Member
Feb 20, 2013
Kentucky
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Brinks half dollar box #22: skunk
Brinks half dollar box #23: 1-Ben (1962 no mint mark), some NIFC's, and a 1974s.

The 1962 Ben looks like a proof. It has the mirror surface, but it is a bit scuffed-up. Any obvious way to tell the difference between a regular 62 and proof 62?
image-358029335.jpg

Here is the 62 possible proof beside a regular looking 63. It's hard to see the difference but the 62 seems more mirror like to me.
image-2445763680.jpg

Anyway, it was a great day to find a 90% in a box.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread