OP
SilverFace

SilverFace

Silver Member
Aug 21, 2011
Silverville
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice score! Seems like the August blues are over. I'm glad the MWR wrappers are working for you. I got pretty good at unrolling one end with a screw driver, slipping them out, edge checking, and slipping it right back in. I even rolled the end back fairly tight so that it wasn't obvious at a glance that they weren't just unsearched MWR's.

Keep on rolling!

Thanks. I searched my 17 keeper box right after I read about your 18 keeper box on your log. Strange our boxes were almost exactly alike. I think you beat me by exactly one 40% if I remember correctly. And I had another good day today with 10 keepers so far and another box still to search. I don't want to get too over confident but the way things are going I might reach my 100 oz goal before Thanksgiving.

Yeah Im starting to get used to re-rolling now. I can empty the roll, search em and re-roll them so most of the rolls look mwr'd just like before I opened them. And dumping at my banks is going good so far too. I just use the commercial drive thru so I don't even have to get out of my car at my dump banks now. But I want to figure out one more dump bank to use so I can spread out my dumps a little more and maybe not have to decrease my volume.

H$H!

OP
OP
SilverFace

SilverFace

Silver Member
Aug 21, 2011
Silverville
Primary Interest:
Other
Well, its sure been a good week so far. I got 3 x '64's and 18 x 40% from 2 boxes on Tuesday and I also scored a '41 from $7 in loose halves from the same p/u bank. Earlier last month I scored a '49 Ben and 2 x 40% from $7 in loose halves from another branch of the same bank. The bright white '67 ender from box 148 also had another '67 and a '65 in the same roll.

9/23:
$7 loose halves: '41 Walker
$500 half box #147: '64 ender, 8 x 40% ('66, 5 x '67, 2 x '68D)
$500 half box #148: 2 x '64, 10 x 40% ('65, 5 x '67 (one rev ender & one obv ender), 3 x '68D, '69D), 2 x '87D, '89S

I've now found a total of 515 silver keepers and 88.0308 ozs of silver so far this year.

H$H!

Attachments

• 41 Walker from $7 loose halves 9-23.jpg
    41 Walker from $7 loose halves 9-23.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 81
  • 64 ender box 147.jpg
    64 ender box 147.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 80
  • 9 keepers box 147.jpg
    9 keepers box 147.jpg
    11.7 KB · Views: 76
  • 12 keepers box 148.jpg
    12 keepers box 148.jpg
    11.1 KB · Views: 82
  • 67 ender box 148.jpg
    67 ender box 148.jpg
    18.3 KB · Views: 74
Last edited:

Silverslug

Aug 14, 2014
Nevada
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I am both amazed and pleased that a Walker managed to slip past a bank teller. Fortunately, a lot of bank tellers don't know or care about silver coinage. Great week. Hopefully you're off to a long and prosperous silver streak. I just had my first four-box skunk, but skunk streaks never last forever.

Avago

Jun 26, 2014
The 2nd State
Primary Interest:
Other
You're going to kill your 100 oz goal in no time! That's amazing to have found a WL loose. They're so unusual that you'd think a person would hold onto it just because of its beauty, not even knowing about the silver. A very good week for both of us, I'd say. You'd better keep hitting up that p/u bank that's been producing all of those oldies.

OP
OP
SilverFace

SilverFace

Silver Member
Aug 21, 2011
Silverville
Primary Interest:
Other
You're going to kill your 100 oz goal in no time! That's amazing to have found a WL loose. They're so unusual that you'd think a person would hold onto it just because of its beauty, not even knowing about the silver. A very good week for both of us, I'd say. You'd better keep hitting up that p/u bank that's been producing all of those oldies.

Thanks. Yeah the Walker was a nice surprise. Its kinda strange you just found a '41 Walker in similar condition yourself and I believe I found the exact amount of silver in my last two boxes that you found in your last box (3 x 90% & 18 x 40%). I only got one more box today to finish the week because I temporarliy cancelled my 2 box order from one bank because of my new dumping situation. Hopefully I'll be able to get back to searching 5-6 boxes a week again soon.

H$H!

Zomotion

Bronze Member
Oct 22, 2013
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, coinmaster Gt Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The finish line is within sight SilverFace! I bet you'll get there by Thanksgiving! HH and great finish to your month

OP
OP
SilverFace

SilverFace

Silver Member
Aug 21, 2011
Silverville
Primary Interest:
Other
Thanks guys. Well, I finished the week with another good box on Thursday. The first keeper I found was a bright white '67 ender which looked just like the white '67 ender I found in my previous box (#148). Then I found a couple of more 40% and the last keeper in the box was a really bright white edge '64. I coulda spotted that bright white edge from 20 feet or more across the room.

9/25:
$1 Ike: clad
$1 loose halves: clad
$500 half box #149: '64, 3 x 40% ('65, 2 x '67 (one ender)), '80S rev ender

My boxes have sure gone from cold to hot real quick. Ive now found silver in 5 of my last 6 boxes. And each of those 5 boxes has produced between 4 - 17 keepers and have come from 3 different p/u banks. And for the week I found a total of 5 x 90% (1 Walker & 4 x '64) and 21 x 40% from just 3 boxes and $8 loose. Hopefully my good boxes will continue for at least a while longer.

H$H!

Attachments

• 4 keepers box 149.jpg
    4 keepers box 149.jpg
    13.8 KB · Views: 116
  • 67 ender box 149.jpg
    67 ender box 149.jpg
    23.3 KB · Views: 116
Last edited:

Zero

Bronze Member
Feb 20, 2013
Kentucky
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice cull. Fall is turning out to be pretty good. I'm consistently finding silver each week as well lately. Still waiting on a dream box or a half dream box.

Keep on rolling!

OP
OP
SilverFace

SilverFace

Silver Member
Aug 21, 2011
Silverville
Primary Interest:
Other
Yeah overall Sept has been a pretty good month for me too. I should have 2 boxes to p/u on Tues so hopefully I'll be able to find at least a little more silver to finish the month. And Im still hoping to find a dream box someday too. I thought I had one in May when I found that loaded box with 80 x 40% so I guess that qualifies as half a dream box at least but maybe with silver prices low again that might increase the chances for each of us to actually find a real dream box someday.

H$H!

Silverslug

Aug 14, 2014
Nevada
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yeah overall Sept has been a pretty good month for me too. I should have 2 boxes to p/u on Tues so hopefully I'll be able to find at least a little more silver to finish the month. And Im still hoping to find a dream box someday too. I thought I had one in May when I found that loaded box with 80 x 40% so I guess that qualifies as half a dream box at least but maybe with silver prices low again that might increase the chances for each of us to actually find a real dream box someday.
H$H!
Wow! 80 40%ers from a single box. That's the richest box I've ever heard of.

OP
OP
SilverFace

SilverFace

Silver Member
Aug 21, 2011
Silverville
Primary Interest:
Other
Wow! 80 40%ers from a single box. That's the richest box I've ever heard of.

Yeah that was a great box for me - in fact my best box ever in terms of total silver - but others here have found boxes much better than that even just this year. I think Jun808bug may have found the best box this year. I forget the exact count but it was something like 200 - 300 or so silver and around 70 ozs or so - just an incredible dream box - or double or triple dream box. So boxes like those are still possible today. Just got to be very lucky to find 'em. Those are the kind of boxes we all dream of finding some day but unfortunately most of us never do. But even if most of us never do find an actual 100+ keeper dream box, thankfully there's still plenty of silver out there to be found.

H$H!

Last edited:

Silverslug

Aug 14, 2014
Nevada
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yeah that was a great box for me - in fact my best box ever in terms of total silver - but others here have found boxes much better than that even just this year. I think Jun808bug may have found the best box this year. I forget the exact count but it was something like 200 - 300 or so silver and around 70 ozs or so - just an incredible dream box - or double or triple dream box. So boxes like those are still possible today. Just got to be very lucky to find 'em. Those are the kind of boxes we all dream of finding some day but unfortunately most of us never do. But even if most of us never do find an actual 100+ keeper dream box, thankfully there's still plenty of silver out there to be found.

H$H!
It amazes me how much silver there is out there after all these years. I think the low price of silver has somewhat kept the hobby under the radar. I'm afraid a big jump in silver prices would quadruple the number of CRHers out there and ruin the hobby. I've read articles about how silver coins were grabbed and melted in droves in the 1970's when the price of silver went through the roof. I'm actually surprised there aren't more silver dimes out there. They are so small and inconspicuous, that you would expect to see more of them floating around. I guess halves are good because of the fact that they hardly circulate any more, plus they continued to contain silver longer than the other denominations. Silver quarters seem to be super rare, probably due to the fact that they are larger and a silver one is going to get spotted and grabbed before it gets very far. I've yet to have a super-box, but I can't complain. Just in the few short months I've been in the hobby I've had some amazing finds. Someday I hope to find that solid roll of uncirculated silvers. It will eventually happen if I stick with the hobby.

OP
OP
SilverFace

SilverFace

Silver Member
Aug 21, 2011
Silverville
Primary Interest:
Other
Well, I managed to find a little more silver from a couple of decent boxes last week.

9/30:
$500 half box #150: skunk (GW small dollar coin in one roll so at least I was .50 fv over for the box)
$500 half box #151: 5 x 40% ('66, 2 x '67, '68D rev ender, '69D), '72S

10/2:
$500 half box #152: '64D & '67 (both side by side in the same roll - pic below), '87D
$500 half box #153: skunk (clad dime in addition to 20 halves in one roll which was my best and only find for the box)

I've now found a total of 504 silver halves and just over 90 ozs of silver so far this year. If Im able to keep getting more decent half boxes I might be able to reach my 100 oz silver goal for the year by Thanksgiving.

H$H!

Attachments

• 68D rev ender box 151.jpg
    68D rev ender box 151.jpg
    23.2 KB · Views: 137
  • 64D and 67 in roll from box 152.jpg
    64D and 67 in roll from box 152.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 131
  • 7 keepers from boxes 151 & 152.jpg
    7 keepers from boxes 151 & 152.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 125
Last edited:
OP
OP
SilverFace

SilverFace

Silver Member
Aug 21, 2011
Silverville
Primary Interest:
Other
Well one of my p/u banks didn't order any half boxes last week so I decided to get $100 in cwr dimes (my first dimes of the year) from that bank instead but got skunked. But at least I was able to get a little silver from my first box of the week so a little is sure better than nothing.

10/7:
$4.50 loose halves: skunk
$20 cwr halves: skunk
$500 half box #154: 3 x 40% ('65 ender, '68D, '69D)
$500 half box #155: skunk

10/8:

10/9:
$10 cwr halves: skunk
$80 cwr halves: skunk
$100 cwr dimes: skunkaroonie

10/10:
$6.50 loose halves: skunk

Attachments

• 3 keepers box 154.jpg
    3 keepers box 154.jpg
    18.6 KB · Views: 131
  • 65 ender box 154.jpg
    65 ender box 154.jpg
    17.2 KB · Views: 127

Zomotion

Bronze Member
Oct 22, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm glad to see you mixed in some dimes :). When you have a bank miss an order, do you double up the next?

OP
OP
SilverFace

SilverFace

Silver Member
Aug 21, 2011
Silverville
Primary Interest:
Other
I'm glad to see you mixed in some dimes :). When you have a bank miss an order, do you double up the next?

Yeah I've been meaning to try and ask for cwr's of other denominations lately but I usually just get lazy or don't think of it. And I didn't ask for any extra half boxes next week from that p/u bank because I've been doing a little less volume lately because I lost my coin counter dump banks recently. But hopefully I'll have 4 boxes next week (2 boxes from 2 different p/u banks). Even with the lower volume lately hopefully I'll still get to 100 ozs of silver before the end of the year.

H$H!

Persistent

Oct 22, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Whats your strategy for dumping now that you lost your counter? I just lost mine as well.. It keeps having sensor errors every time I dump and they end up having to hand count and are not too happy. Do you roll them? Or commute to a different dump?

Zomotion

Bronze Member
Oct 22, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Haven't heard from you in a while SilverFace... Hope all is well and your closer to your 100oz goal. Any updates?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions