starkizzle

Mar 9, 2014
Maine
Detector(s) used
soon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
this weeks 2 boxes were a no-go,
I went up north this weekend because my wife is drilling, and me and my son hit about every bank in 10 mile radius, the first day was basically a bust, I saved it (barely) with two boxes of dimes that yielded 1 1960 rosie. but after dumping all of the dimes, that one dime cost me about 3$, so heres to hoping silver hit 35+.. well that Friday was kind of a pain because of a teller that was holding silver for another member, in her tray, ( post in main forum) but I decided to hit it hard Saturday morning, and try another part of town, and found a bank that keeps boxes of halfs in stock, and was glad to sell them, as well as some loose halfs and a few CWR. I bought 1 box and 5 CWR, as well as about 10$ loose, I pulled pulled 4 40%ers out of 3 of the CWR and my first MWR franklin, a 1951! out of the box.. I know I know, buy them all right? well in one arm was my 8 M.O. son, so 1 box was it, but I returned before they closed with my boy in his stroller, that has a little spot to put stuff and bought 2 more boxes, first box pulled 1 40% and my second 87S (clad), I just peeked in the third box so far and did find a gold 77, and by the looks of this one, im pretty certain the one I found a few weeks ago was spray painted. anyway I plan on going thru that last box here shortly. HH

OP
OP
S

starkizzle

Mar 9, 2014
Maine
Detector(s) used
soon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
just finished the last box...

no silver.. but a total of 7 gold halfs, 2X 1977d 2XBi-Cen no mintmark 2XBi-Cen d, a 2008 d, a 2008 p,both with Breast Cancer Awareness ribbons, and a athlete.. Im down with the BCA, save the tatas :)

OP
OP
S

starkizzle

Mar 9, 2014
Maine
Detector(s) used
soon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
just finished the last box...

no silver.. but a total of 7 gold halfs, 2X 1977d 2XBi-Cen no mintmark 2XBi-Cen d, a 2008 d, a 2008 p,both with Breast Cancer Awareness ribbons, and a athlete.. Im down with the BCA, save the tatas :)

OP
OP
S

starkizzle

Mar 9, 2014
Maine
Detector(s) used
soon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
to keep up with amount searcher

thursday 2 boxes halves- skunked
9$ ikes-skunked
friday 20ish $ halves-skunk
2 boxes dimes 1 1960 rosi
saturday 60$ CWR and 15$ loose halves, 4 40%ers out of the rolls
3 boxes of halves
box 1 - 1951 ben franklin
box 2 - 40% and 87 s clad
box 3 - 8 gold plated halves

somewhere around 2600$ halves, 500$ dimes, pretty big weekend for me

OP
OP
S

starkizzle

Mar 9, 2014
Maine
Detector(s) used
soon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
this weeks boxes
1-skunk
2-1 40%

my wife and i had to do some stuff at the house we are trying to buy, so i got to spend some more time hunting in that town, its also where my dump bank is. i hit alot of the same banks i have in the past while on a dump run, had a interesting run in with a teller ive talked to before who always says i wont find silver, people just dump there, one of these days i will clear out her vault and see for my self, i know what most of you think and i should always get it all, normally i do, but i always follow my gut, and i have bought "searched halves" before and found silver, but i dont feel like getting 700-800$ of most likely dumps, that i think she may be going thru, but last time i was there i pulled 2 40%ers out one of the other tellers tray so i think it was worth the time, and had to laugh when she said i wont find any silver in her bank because i have!

Back on topic, after the hunting i actually had to stop at my lenders bank for some photocopies, and like a good hunter i went to the tellers first. one had non, but the other asked me to wait until she was done with her customer. i did and she said had allot she would love to get rid of. she had 580, but i only had 520, and am now playing the what if game, but i bought 520, about 440 CWR and 80 MWR. i asked if they were dumps from a collector ( the teller told me that she collects allot of foreign coin so she understood what i was looking for) she said that the man who does the pick ups for all the fairs? brings in the rolled coin to them, and she didnt know if he was a collector.. well its my opinion that he is not. i found one roll with 2 40%ers side by side. the MWR produced about a silver per 2 rolls. there was also i reverse ender, i was sure it was silver so i didnt snap a pic. i would of loved to have gotten that whole box. i went back the next morning because i had to go back to the house and she had already sold the last 60$.. probably skunky anyway... i hope lol

so out of the 50$ loose-skunk
10$ ikes-skunk
520$ CWR and MWR- 5 40% 1 90%(64)

HH

OP
OP
S

starkizzle

Mar 9, 2014
Maine
Detector(s) used
soon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This week was not too bad, or to great either..
box 1 halves- 1 gold plated clad
box 2 halves- 1 40%

70$ CWR -skunk
20$ CWR- 1964!

ive really been trying to hold myself to the one silver a week, and its been going pretty well, it was hard to go from a small stack, adding 2-3 coins a week, to finding my big score, making my small stack seem to just stay the same size, but i have noticed that it is seeming to add up, on top of the big stack, so slow and steady is just as good as the big scores!! HH

Zero

Bronze Member
Feb 20, 2013
Kentucky
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This week was not too bad, or to great either.. box 1 halves- 1 gold plated clad box 2 halves- 1 40% 70$ CWR -skunk 20$ CWR- 1964! ive really been trying to hold myself to the one silver a week, and its been going pretty well, it was hard to go from a small stack, adding 2-3 coins a week, to finding my big score, making my small stack seem to just stay the same size, but i have noticed that it is seeming to add up, on top of the big stack, so slow and steady is just as good as the big scores!! HH

Congrats on the 90%. Yeah...slow and steady between the big scores is where it is at. I have over 375 silver keepers with my biggest scores being 58, 37, and 30. So, most of it came from slow and steady. Keep on rolling.

OP
OP
S

starkizzle

Mar 9, 2014
Maine
Detector(s) used
soon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
375 is allot of keepers no matter how you look at it! keep it up

JimVT36

Jan 19, 2014
Vermont
Primary Interest:
Other
Thank God for Second Chances:

While cleaning my coin table and loading my clad coins in the Klopp counter, I heard the "tink" that every coin hunter loves to hear. Low and behold I found one that got away. Phew- that was close.

image-3063437437.jpg

One more silver for the pile..

Happy Hunting :-)

Sent from my iPad using TreasureNet

OP
OP
S

starkizzle

Mar 9, 2014
Maine
Detector(s) used
soon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank God for Second Chances:

While cleaning my coin table and loading my clad coins in the Klopp counter, I heard the "tink" that every coin hunter loves to hear. Low and behold I found one that got away. Phew- that was close.

View attachment 983991

One more silver for the pile..

Happy Hunting :-)

Sent from my iPad using TreasureNet
good save man, but did you meen to post that here?

OP
OP
S

starkizzle

Mar 9, 2014
Maine
Detector(s) used
soon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Box 1- skunk..
in a bank now.. let the early morning hunt begin!.. il finish the other box later

Hunter612

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2013
Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 400
Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good luck with the other box!

OP
OP
S

starkizzle

Mar 9, 2014
Maine
Detector(s) used
soon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So i pulled a silver dime from the tray of the bank i posted from... i asked for his dimes and he just kept pulling out rolls... i broke down and said I'm a coun collector and pointed out the one in the middle lol.. one for the day

OP
OP
S

starkizzle

Mar 9, 2014
Maine
Detector(s) used
soon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
this week i forgot to order my 2 boxes, but i went up north with my wife again. i had hoped to go to the bank that kept boxes last time, but this time they were out. last time i was there it was a Saturday and they had at least 2 boxes, but this past Friday they were out, she said that they come in one wed. and are usually gone by Thursday ( from the collectors, she said) it must of been a fluke that i was able to get them last time... but i did get my first MWR Ben from one of those boxes so im not to hurt.

i do believe that i did find the boxes that they had tho.. re-rolled and dumped at the next bank lol. and then another box across the street, i went thru them anyway, just to be sure.. when i hit that side of town last time i thought for sure there was no hunter, now i see i may be dealing with a pro. But when i got the first repackaged dump the teller also had 15$ loose and 25 ikes, not sure if all from the same person, i doubt the loose were anyway, i dont see a hunter dropping a box, and a handful of loose but anyway there was a 67 in it.. and from the side i think it would fool alot of rim checkers... maybe not because i look at everything that doesn't just scream clad, it had kinda the blackish clad and then the silver color. i wouldn't be surprised if its been passed up.

well after trailing the pro all day, i decided for the good ol' fail save... DIMES!! and lots of them lol. my wife said she didnt want me to get dimes because there small and boring... but i like AG and i also really like mercs... so i got 2 boxes from one bank, 85$( mix of MWR and CWR)and 250$ halfs (also dumps i believe) from another, and after i dropped some of the dumped halfs i went back to the bank that sold me the 85$ and halfs... i wish i had bought more from them because they had brinks clear wrapped boxes. which almost wernt any easier to hunt because a lot of the wraps spill dimes, so it wasn't as easy lol. but in that i found my second MERC!!! a 1937, i also found a 48 FDR.

i still have 2 boxes to go thru, wish me luck

so this week so far

1275ish $ halfs 1 40%

350ish dimes (so far) 1 1937 merc dime and 1 1948 FDR

OP
OP
S

starkizzle

Mar 9, 2014
Maine
Detector(s) used
soon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i forgot to mention that in the rerolled dumps thier was a 74, or a 72 S... i think the only reason i noticed it was because i was staring at me when i opened the wrap.. not sure if they missed, probably not.. if you reading this you probably know who you are!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread