OP
OP
Avago

Avago

Jun 26, 2014
The 2nd State
Primary Interest:
Other
The good luck charm continues, as does our silver streak. We did two more boxes this weekend, hers having more silver than mine of course. She pulled out our first Benjamins, one being a reverse Bender! She also pulled out 4 40%ers.

IMAG0123.jpg IMAG0130.jpg IMAG0131.jpg

Mine didn't produce as much silver, though I did pull out a 1976-S 40% proof (or business strike, it's hard to tell because it's pretty beat up) which was cool. It's not very pretty, but it still counts! Check it out between the 1977S and 2006S I also pulled out. There's also a lone '66

IMAG0128.jpg IMAG0129.jpg IMAG0127.jpg

Also searched $100 CWR with no silver to show. I've had unfortunate luck so far with CWR.

SilverFace

Silver Member
Aug 21, 2011
Silverville
Primary Interest:
Other
Coingrats (kinda funny I just typed that by mistake lol) on the good boxes and finding your first Ben's including the Bender and the silver '76S. Seems like your gf is a good luck charm.

H$H!

OP
OP
Avago

Avago

Jun 26, 2014
The 2nd State
Primary Interest:
Other
She certainly seems to be good luck, SilverFace! Our area must not be hunted very often, as our silver streak is now up to 7 boxes in a row. I did beat her last night with our boxes, though they both gave up some good silver. She pulled 7 40%ers from hers and was disappointed! She's been spoiled by the Benjamins from her last box, heh. I pulled out 2 '64s and 7 40%ers myself. Most of the silver we pull out is really toasty it seems.
IMAG0138.jpg IMAG0134.jpg

SilverFace

Silver Member
Aug 21, 2011
Silverville
Primary Interest:
Other
You two got a nice silver streak going, hope you can keep it going a while longer. I had a pretty good silver streak going last month that ended at 9 boxes. And 7 x 40% from one box is sure nothing to be disappointed about. I got two boxes myself today and if I can get 7 x 40% total from both boxes I'll be happy. Good luck the rest of the month.

H$H!

OP
OP
Avago

Avago

Jun 26, 2014
The 2nd State
Primary Interest:
Other
Scraped by on our two boxes last night to keep the silver streak alive... We pulled one 40% out of each box. The two we sorted through seemed to be consistently and freshly marked with an "R" and an arrow. Also there were zero NIFC or proofs (we usually find at least a few NIFC) so they were likely someone else's solid dump. Sadly, the other two boxes from this batch will likely turn out the same way.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Avago

Avago

Jun 26, 2014
The 2nd State
Primary Interest:
Other
Sadly, the silver streak has come to an end at 10 boxes. We did a pair over the weekend that yielded one 40% and one skunk box. My skunk box was weird though... it had 17 mixed-mint 2013's and about 12 mixed-mint 2012's. Not that they're rare, but a strange find. Maybe I'll try to sell a roll of 'em.

The numbers stamped on the bottom of these latest boxes were also different than the ones that we were pulling 6-10 silvers out of. Hopefully this week's order will come from the first batch.

Last edited:

SilverFace

Silver Member
Aug 21, 2011
Silverville
Primary Interest:
Other
A 10 box silver streak is good hunting. I got a skunk streak going lately myself. Sure hope I can find a silver edge before my skunk streak gets into the double digits. I got a couple of more boxes to p/u tomorrow but Im dreading more skunks. Good luck to us both next month.

H$H!

OP
OP
Avago

Avago

Jun 26, 2014
The 2nd State
Primary Interest:
Other
I agree, that was a great streak I was sad to see come to an end. I was able to grab four boxes this week, and hopefully they get us back in a good rhythm. I don't know how long of a skunk streak I could put up with before I had to take a break or maybe switch up pickup locations. It sure isn't much fun getting a single skunk box, let alone a double digit streak. I hope you're able to get back in the swing of things soon!

OP
OP
Avago

Avago

Jun 26, 2014
The 2nd State
Primary Interest:
Other
Two more boxes last night, one was a skunk. From the other I pulled 2 90%ers and 7 40%ers, which was great. There was one '69 ender, one '68 reverse ender, and most spectacularly, a roll with three silvers, one of which was a '64. I think that makes up for a few skunk boxes! The pics stink for whatever reason. Can you spot the three silvers in the one roll?

IMAG0140.jpg IMAG0146.jpg

SilverFace

Silver Member
Aug 21, 2011
Silverville
Primary Interest:
Other
Coingrats, that was a great box. Looks like the '64 is 3rd from the right and the two 40%ers are 7 and 10 from the right. I finally put an end to a two week long 9 box skunk streak just a few minutes ago with a '69D rev ender in the sixth roll from a box I got yesterday. And strangely enough the coin right under the '69D ender was a '65 lol. Sure is funny how the silver flows sometimes. After over 9000 clad coins I finally find 2 silver coins right next to each other in the same roll. Like I always say, this sure is an unpredictable hobby. Im only 10 rolls into the box so I sure hope I can find a little more silver in this box.

Hope we both get some good boxes this month.

H$H!

Last edited:
OP
OP
Avago

Avago

Jun 26, 2014
The 2nd State
Primary Interest:
Other
Good eye SF :thumbsup: I hope the rest of your box turns out as well. As much as everybody tries to figure out how the silver comes and goes, it just seems completely random to me. It's just chance... How many times have I already said "What are the odds of THAT?"

SilverFace

Silver Member
Aug 21, 2011
Silverville
Primary Interest:
Other
Yeah that's sure true. Just never really know what you might find from box to box with this hobby. Probably one of the best examples of bizarre and unusual boxes was someone posting fairly recently about finding an entire solid silver mwr in a half box, and I don't remember for sure but I believe that may have been the only silver in the whole box too. To say that's probably a one in a million kinda box is probably an understatement. But people sure seem to find great examples of extremely unusual and amazing finds with this hobby time and time again.

H$H!

OP
OP
Avago

Avago

Jun 26, 2014
The 2nd State
Primary Interest:
Other
Two boxes last night. The girlfriend continues to get the good luck... My box was a total skunk (the second in a row for me). She pulled 2 40%ers, and in one roll had a Bender and a '64, both of which are in pretty good condition! Picked up another two boxes today and scored an extra $350 MWR.

SilverFace

Silver Member
Aug 21, 2011
Silverville
Primary Interest:
Other
Coingrats again to your gf. I got 3 boxes from earlier this week still left to search plus I picked up another 2 boxes and $200 in mwrs myself today. Good luck and H$H to both of us this wknd.

OP
OP
Avago

Avago

Jun 26, 2014
The 2nd State
Primary Interest:
Other
Did the extra $350 MWR and pulled a single 40%er.

Also did two boxes over the weekend. My gf pulled one 40%er from her box. I was the winner this week, scoring two 40%ers and three 90%ers.

IMAG0149.jpg

The one '64 was the whitest & cleanest silver I've seen so far, really nice.

IMAG0152.jpg IMAG0151.jpg

I also found a 1935 wheat cent in the return chute at my coin machine :thumbsup:

SilverFace

Silver Member
Aug 21, 2011
Silverville
Primary Interest:
Other
Seems like your boxes are pretty consistently producing silver. I always like finding the bright white silver coins too. I still haven't finished all my boxes from last week yet but I was sure glad to find one box with a little silver last week at least. And I found a '37 wheat cent in the coin return of a coin counter on Friday myself. Good luck the rest of the month.

H$H!

OP
OP
Avago

Avago

Jun 26, 2014
The 2nd State
Primary Interest:
Other
SilverFace, I've been very lucky so far. While I do find quite a few marked coins, it seems that almost every box produces some silver. I've had a couple skunks, but nothing like some of the streaks mentioned on TNet.

We did two more boxes last night, both of which produced some nice silver. My girlfriend's box produced three 40%ers and one 90%er, and my box produced two 40%ers and two 90%ers. Another good day at the hunt!

SilverFace

Silver Member
Aug 21, 2011
Silverville
Primary Interest:
Other
More good boxes with more nice ratios of 90% to 40%. Good boxes like those are getting harder for me to find lately. Seems like I've been swimming in a sea of nearly all clad lately. There's probably other hunters dumping into my supply. Maybe its time for me to find a new ocean lol.

H$H!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread