Squatch Log

Silverslug

Aug 14, 2014
Nevada
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I tackle dimes in my office at my house that house a huge bay window right behind me, I like the natural light as well! I tend to open the roll by unrolling it and then I bring the dimes straight up to my face, haha. My wife says I look like I am getting old, maybe she should buy me some reading glasses.

I have done rolls of quarters here and there, I have almost all the state and territory quarters and I do have all of the America the Beautiful quarters. I am just mainly in it for silver and I am not much of a collector. (Although this hobby pretty much forces you to be a collector, too many awesome coins to not collect them)
Yeah, I really like the silver, too. But being able to fill in a few empty holes in my Whitman coin folders is a nice bonus and a nice consolation if I get skunked on silver. The Whitman folders are super cheap--about $3 a pop, and super easy to order. Makes the hobby that much more rewarding. For example, some of your non-silver finds have been amazing. Like those 1938 nickels. Those are even better and more valuable than silver.

OP
OP
Squatch2401

Squatch2401

Sep 11, 2014
Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Where is the best place to pick up those books? I have been debating getting some, just have a hard time paying $5-$9 dollars for one book.

Silverslug

Aug 14, 2014
Nevada
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Where is the best place to pick up those books? I have been debating getting some, just have a hard time paying $5-$9 dollars for one book.
Just do a quick Google search "Whitman Coin Folders Walmart" and they will pop right up. Just order them online from Walmart and they will only run you three bucks a pop plus some shipping. Well worth the investment, in my opinion. Makes the hobby even more fun.

OP
OP
Squatch2401

Squatch2401

Sep 11, 2014
Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome! I am going to pick some up. Thanks.

Now if only I could get my half box in I would be super happy. I guess I am going to pick up some cents and nickels in the meantime.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions