First Mercury

Dozer D

Silver Member
Feb 12, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Merc's have been far and in between for me too, maybe 15-20 boxes. Good find either way you look at it. Congrats

Persistent

Oct 22, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
On ^ that note just popped open my 13th box and got me an ugly beat up but beautiful 1942 Mercury!

Karuza82

Sep 1, 2014
SE Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Lone Star
Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
How many rolls are in a box?
How do you go abut telling your bank that you would like to buy(aquire) that much change?

abert

Tenderfoot
Oct 28, 2014
Missouri
Detector(s) used
Not Sure - 15 year old Radio Shack Model
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats - 7up
I just started and have gone through 2 boxes of dimes with one silver found and a box of nickels with two "war nickels"....can't wait for a mercury.

Karuza82 - I believe there are 50 rolls per box. I personally just went into my bank (US Bank) and asked if they have any boxes. They don't carry half dollars, which i asked for, but were more than willing to order them for me when I asked. I proceeded to asked for a box of dimes, they grabbed it from the back without issue and told me they have a coin counter in the back as well when I was done. I brought it back plus some extra coins I had laying around the next day and picked up their only other box of dimes and a box of nickels...to which they told me they would order some more dimes with the half dollars.

I had previously went to a branch in a Grocery Store but they didn't have any boxes, but were more than willing to change out what they had behind the counter for dollars.

OP
OP

7up2000

Jul 6, 2014
Tucson, Arizona
Detector(s) used
Currently use Garrett AT Pro, Previously used the Fisher F2 for one year
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
On ^ that note just popped open my 13th box and got me an ugly beat up but beautiful 1942 Mercury!

Congrats! Yeah, it's a sweet feeling...

OP
OP

7up2000

Jul 6, 2014
Tucson, Arizona
Detector(s) used
Currently use Garrett AT Pro, Previously used the Fisher F2 for one year
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
How many rolls are in a box?
How do you go abut telling your bank that you would like to buy(aquire) that much change?

50 rolls in a box. The bank that I go to always has boxes of dimes(they have to go back and retrieve them--maybe from the vault) Almost all major banks are going to have boxes of coins--pennies, nickels, dimes, and quarters. Half dollars they are probably going to have to order them for you--usually takes 3-4 days. Follow up as they usually lose your phone number....:notworthy:

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats - 7up
I just started and have gone through 2 boxes of dimes with one silver found and a box of nickels with two "war nickels"....can't wait for a mercury.

Karuza82 - I believe there are 50 rolls per box. I personally just went into my bank (US Bank) and asked if they have any boxes. They don't carry half dollars, which i asked for, but were more than willing to order them for me when I asked. I proceeded to asked for a box of dimes, they grabbed it from the back without issue and told me they have a coin counter in the back as well when I was done. I brought it back plus some extra coins I had laying around the next day and picked up their only other box of dimes and a box of nickels...to which they told me they would order some more dimes with the half dollars.

I had previously went to a branch in a Grocery Store but they didn't have any boxes, but were more than willing to change out what they had behind the counter for dollars.

Don't ever dump where you pickup, even if they say that it is fine. That's the #1 rule of crh.

abert

Tenderfoot
Oct 28, 2014
Missouri
Detector(s) used
Not Sure - 15 year old Radio Shack Model
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Buffalo - thanks for the heads up reading the latest post about it and completely agree on the reasoning...setting up my dump bank tonight.

Silverslug

Aug 14, 2014
Nevada
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats on your first merc. On my first ever dime hunt I found 22 mercs in one roll. I've probably searched thirty dime boxes since, and have yet to find another one. If you keep searching, you will eventually find a Barber. I'm still searching for my first Barber. Good luck.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread