Today I found my first...

johnnyv123

Jun 30, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Today I found my first Roosevelt silver dime, a 1964, in the first of 20 dime rolls I opened. I was very excited, and although it was the only one I found, I still feel I did pretty good.

I was pretty sure that silver dime was going to be the best thing I found for the day, but when I opened the last roll in my $50 box of Nickels, I saw a buffalo staring at me. Unlike some of the Buffaloes reverses I have found today, this coin had an Indian head on the front and it was not a commemorative Jefferson buffalo nickel. I was extremely excited, as from what I know, buffalo nickels aren't too common.

I also found lots of pre 1960 Jefferson nickels, including a few 1940 dates, several other days from the 40s (no war nickels though), and a good number of the them from the 1950s.

I just wanted to share some of my finds, and although I have only been CRH hunting for three weeks, I find it to be an extremely fun thing to do with an often rewarding find of coins.

Here are the two coins I talked about earlier:

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1436916004.939702.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1436916041.974737.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1436916072.780783.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1436916094.243993.jpg

OP
OP
J

johnnyv123

Jun 30, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This was actually the first time I searched any dimes, I've done nickels before, but never $100 worth at a time. I had ordered some half dollars from my bank, but since they had not come in yet, I got some other coins. The only I was hoping to find but didn't is a war nickel. How is your luck on those?

Chizzy

Bronze Member
Feb 11, 2015
North Central PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Vaquero, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to your new addiction........uh..........hobby!!!

Nice finds........good distinct date on that Buffalo nickel, too.................

enamel7

Gold Member
Apr 16, 2005
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was going to ask where you found $50 boxes of nickels!

OP
OP
J

johnnyv123

Jun 30, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you all for your comments. Sorry for the confusion, I meant to say $100 box of nickels in my first post on this thread. About the buffalo, it does look to be in pretty nice condition, so I put it in a cardboard 2x2 to put in my binder, just to have my first Buffalo ever found CRHing separated from the rest of my Buffaloes.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread