Greenie
Jul 26, 2015
Frogmore louisiana
Detector(s) used
Garrett at pro & Garrett Gti 2500. Pro pointer & whites trx
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yakamo's 2015 finds

So my first crh session today went very well I went to my local bank and picked up all of their half dollars they had which was 430 dollars. I knew the teller she asked me why I wanted all of the coins I told her to finish my book and maybe find some silver. She had told me that other people do that also around here and these had probably been gone through so my hopes went down imedietly. I still picked them up just to see.
I ended up finding 2 1964s and 6 from that were between 1965 and 1969. So all in all I think I had a great first time can't wait to get some more!!!

enamel7

Gold Member
Apr 16, 2005
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You did good for your first time. Don't expect that bank to have that many anytime soon, unless they will order boxes for you. Make sure you don't take what you searched through back to the same bank.

OP
OP
Yakamo

Yakamo

Greenie
Jul 26, 2015
Frogmore louisiana
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know some people at the bank. We're from a small community I can get them to order them and also I work away from home I travel about 6 months out of the year for work so I can spend the coins while I'm on the road. I have already got rid of about 60 dollars in coins today while traveling so I won't ever research the rolls.

OP
OP
Yakamo

Yakamo

Greenie
Jul 26, 2015
Frogmore louisiana
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
image.jpg so I had to go out of town for work so when I got to Houston I went to a federal credit union and picked up 500 dollars in dimes and these are my finds. I got a dime from the neitherlands 3 Canadian dimes and 3 Mexican dimes and two great silver dimes. One is a 1964 the other is a 1964 Denver and the other is a 1951. I beleive it is safe to say I am hooked.

OP
OP
Yakamo

Yakamo

Greenie
Jul 26, 2015
Frogmore louisiana
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So I got 400 in nickels one box was all new 2015 Philadelphia nickels so I took a couple of them rolls and put them up for later in life haha. I went through the other 3 boxes and I found a 1928 buffalo nickel a 1943 p war nickel and a San fransisco war nickel the date has a big gouge in it so no date for that one but all in all I'm very happy a great hunt!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread